GemRB problem with custom TTF plugin

bart_88

Hi everyone I just installed the GemRB mod, and I am having problems with custom TTF fonts in BG2

I am using the newest version 0.8.0 - everything works just fine except for the custom fonts.

I followed the tutorial on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH6K8VeeLNg

My steps :

1.Install APK, and configured gemrb.cfg

2.Install mods fixpack, tweakpack, widescreen

3. Configured files :

GemRB.cfg

CustomFontPath=/sdcard/Android/data/net.sourceforge.gemrb/files/bg2/f/

(folder f contains default font times new roman times.ttf file, path is correct everything else works just fine)

fonts.2da copied to "unhardcoded" folder and "override" just to be sure and modified first line :

0	NORMAL		1		times		18		0	0xffffffff

Game starts but still using default small fonts.

After that when i see my fonts.2da file it seems that it has been restored and my changes have been somehow

replaced by default fonts and size (NORMAL 14 instead of times 18)

Does the TTF plugin need to be somehow configured in the newest version ? Am I missing something ?

I am stuck any advise would be great.

That was fast thanks for help.

One more thing - can you help me fixing te missing

Polish signs/letters when the the ttf font enabled ?

I've been trying the solution from

http://gemrb.sourceforge.net/wiki/doku.php?id=plugins:ttf

with the polish.ini file :

[encoding]
TLKEncoding = ISO-8859-13
#TLKEncoding = BIG5

placed in override folder of the game and unhardcoded as well but no luck.

Setting the encoding in gemrb.cfg file to "utf-8" as mentioned in

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25252

didn't help either. I must be missing something.

is your tlk encoding really ISO-8859-13?

is this BG1? we already have a polish.ini for BG1 so just set Encoding=Polish in your cfg (and delete whatever polish.ini file you made)

you can copy the polish.ini from BG1 (under unhardcoded/bg1) to somewhere else to try it for other games (not sure why it is BG1 only)

you cant just "set" the encoding to UTF8, you need to convert your dialog.tlk file to utf8 for that to work. also setting Encoding=utf8 in gemrb.cfg will never work (unless you made a utf8.ini file); you need to set TLKEncoding in your language.ini

we would need a log to and other information to help you any more.

According to WIKIPEDIA it is ISO 8859-13

the game is BG2 and setting encoding to polish doesn't work for me even if I copy the polish.ini from unhardcoded/bg1 to shared (maybe it should be somewhere else?)

If the utf-8 is the only way then How can I convert the dialog.tlk using files from the link in my previous post ? Tried but no idea how to do it I guess somehow using Python command line.

Getting logs using LogCat app doesn't work on my nexus 10, how can i read them (preferrably without installing the android sdk)

I think you are confused. you need the actual encoding of the tlk file not just pick ISO 8859-13 because that is polish encoding.

there is a gemrb.log file created in the game directory. I'm not sure that the android version was built with iconv so that may be a problem.

converting your tlk to utf8 would be best done on a PC and copied to your android. ive never done it anyway so i have no insight on using the tool.

I can tell you from our wiki that the polish encoding is not ISO 8859-13

hence the magic in our polish.ini. However, since that is only in BG1 i wonder if we simply dont know the encoding method for the polish version of other games. If I were you I would ask on IRC, IIRC some people with polish versions frequent there, and if not somebody that knows more about it than myself is likely to be there.

Archived