Pickpocket Zhurlong

Spider

Is it possible to pick pocket Zhurlong? I'm doing some testing and was curious. With a consoled in potion of master thievery for Imoen I only get a 65 pp for her. I don't know of a cheat to boost her pocket picking skill momentarily. I'm only doing this as a test and actually don't need Zhurlong's boots.

Is it possible to pick pocket Zhurlong? I'm doing some testing and was curious. With a consoled in potion of master thievery for Imoen I only get a 65 pp for her. I don't know of a cheat to boost her pocket picking skill momentarily.
Ouh, I don't know either "a temporary"... there's a permanent option in Shadowkeeper ... icon_twisted.gif ... by leaving it to the current number to 127. As in, the temporary somehow turns always into a permanent... :ups:

Check your override folder for a copy of the potion file. If there is one, back it up. Then use NearInfinity and edit the potion so that it can give a 100 point boost or something insane like that. Then try. When done, remove the edited copy and restore the backup.

Check your override folder for a copy of the potion file. If there is one, back it up. Then use NearInfinity and edit the potion so that it can give a 100 point boost or something insane like that. Then try. When done, remove the edited copy and restore the backup.

Okay, so I made a save copy of the POTN36.ITM file in my override folder and opened the original in NI. Now, just what do I edit to up the pickpocket value? I'm assuming it's in the Abilities tab. Yeah, editing an item is a foreign language to me.

Never mind, and I figured it out. Click into the Abilities tab, scroll down to the Pick pockets bonus and click into it. In the screen that opens the 4th line is a value, click into that and change 40 to 80. That should take the +40 and boost it to +80 on the pick pockets. In other words, theoretically, Imoen's ability at this point in the game should jump from 65% to 105%. And yes, it did work as her ability is now 105. Now to test...

It's still hard to pick pocket him, but it can be done. The first attempt was a no go. The second attempt was successful with the exception that the game says Zhurlong has no items.

Now to reset the potion to 40 and you'd think that anybody could be pick pocketed. And we know he has the boots.

Thanks PlainAb.

Archived