Some spell oddities / questions

Wonder if these (at least to my eyes) odd spell behaviors/descriptions have been mentioned:

- Some spell descriptions seem incorrect with GTU Lite. For example arcane "Protection from Fire" is mentioned to grant 50% fire resistance while it gives 100%. It does give 50% "magic fire" but that doesn't seem to affect anything? Since these seem obvious, they are probably done on purpouse this way?

- Mass Invisibility hits spell protections (deflection/turning etc.). As AoE spells usually don't do this it seems odd. Not a game breaker but annoying when buffing. Note that while it hits deflection, it still works, it just strips layers off or breaks one of the lower level ones while still applying Improved Invisibility. I get the msg "char spell ineffective" after "char invisible".

- I've read this is an engine related issue, but it seems very odd that Sunfire disregards magic resistances completely? Does all selftargeted spells do that?

- Vampiric Touch works in mysterious ways. Sometimes it hits the target twice with one cast, and the gained health rarely matches the dmg dealt (which it should match according to description). It also often grants the health boost twice, I assume, since I've received as much as ~70hp with single cast. Sometimes it doesn't wound the target at all, while still granting health. Googled a bit and found this: http://forum.baldurs...ic-touch-issues . Seems similar, though I'm using BG2 (with Fixpack) with default AI update speed.

- Non-detection is curious. The items that provide it seem to add an "extra layer" protection in a way that prevents dispels from taking out the invisibility, even if you get dispelled otherwise. The description claims immunity to few low level illusion breakers, but it seems to protect from much more than that.

Edit: Forgot to mention one non-spell related one, that has been bugging us. In multiplayer, party banter breaks if participants are controlled by different players. What I mean is one character starts a banter but the recipient (or the one who should respond) doesn't continue it if controlled by another player. This way, for example, Minsc won't choose Aerie as his new witch if they are controlled by different players.

- Some spell descriptions seem incorrect with GTU Lite. For example arcane "Protection from Fire" is mentioned to grant 50% fire resistance while it gives 100%. It does give 50% "magic fire" but that doesn't seem to affect anything? Since these seem obvious, they are probably done on purpouse this way?

The GTUL doesn't touch the description of the arcane Protection From Fire spell (strref #7535). Do you have any other examples?

- Mass Invisibility hits spell protections (deflection/turning etc.). As AoE spells usually don't do this it seems odd. Not a game breaker but annoying when buffing. Note that while it hits deflection, it still works, it just strips layers off or breaks one of the lower level ones while still applying Improved Invisibility. I get the msg "char spell ineffective" after "char invisible".

The power levels on the shell spells should possibly be 0.

Do you have any other examples?

- Arcane "Protection from Cold" has the same issue. Claims 50%, grants 100%. Other elemental resist (acid/lightning) have correct descriptions.

- Priest spells "Doom" and "Death Ward" have incorrect casting times stated in their descriptions. Both claim to have a casting time of "1 round", while they actually have a cast time of "1" (which I think is 1/10 of a round).

Also, not related to descriptions, priest spell "Physical Mirror" has neverending animation. The glowing circle on the ground does not disappear once the spell runs out. I'm not surprised that the bug has not been noticed, since the spell is ehh, well.

I don't yet have access to all higher level stuff, but I'll see if I can spot more later.

- Arcane "Protection from Cold" has the same issue. Claims 50%, grants 100%. Other elemental resist (acid/lightning) have correct descriptions.
Are you sure about this... as the spell has two effects, one for giving the character a normal Cold Resistance +50%, and another which grants them Magical Cold Resistance +50%...

The difference is that the game actually uses only the normal in most cases as the Magical Cold and Magical Fire actually crash the game when they do the final damage that counts as the kill shot because the game lacks an animation for it. And no, the two effects have no connection to each others ... so that doesn't count as 100%... only 50%.

If that's not the case then there's probably something else that effects the spell, like another mod besides the BG2Fixpack. In which case you need to know about having a clean install and/or install order which you get a reference file in the weidu.log, which is openable with any .txt program, like the Notepad.

The GTUL doesn't touch that description either.

- Priest spells "Doom" and "Death Ward" have incorrect casting times stated in their descriptions. Both claim to have a casting time of "1 round", while they actually have a cast time of "1" (which I think is 1/10 of a round).

You probably have something else going on here. Doom has a casting time of 9 in my unmodded game (which is conventionally considered 1 round). The description of Death Ward is inconsisent with the spell, however. I guess I should check all the spell descriptions for veracity.

Also, not related to descriptions, priest spell "Physical Mirror" has neverending animation. The glowing circle on the ground does not disappear once the spell runs out. I'm not surprised that the bug has not been noticed, since the spell is ehh, well.

That would be a hardcoded bug, in that case. The animation is hardcoded to the physical mirror effect. Do you stop reflecting arrows when the spell is supposed to run out?

Are you sure about this... as the spell has two effects, one for giving the character a normal Cold Resistance +50%, and another which grants them Magical Cold Resistance +50%...

The spell grants 100% Cold Resistance and 50% Magic Cold Resistance, just like the fire version. This Is vanilla behavior afaik, and happens in BG1EE as well. If it would give 50% "Cold Resistance" it would match description, but it gives 100%. The "magic fire/cold resistance" things don't seem to do anything. Are they used in something in the game?

The GTUL doesn't touch that description either.

Perhaps I was unclear, but I thought that was the problem - it should. Descriptions should match the spell effects. Or is this sort of stuff reserved for the non-light GTU?

You probably have something else going on here. Doom has a casting time of 9 in my unmodded game (which is conventionally considered 1 round). The description of Death Ward is inconsisent with the spell, however. I guess I should check all the spell descriptions for veracity.

I didn't know round would be "9". It seems odd since some spells have casting time of "9" instead of "1 round". Because of that I always thought a full round would be "10". Doom has always had a casting time of 1 for me, also in EE which I played before BG2. I have not played completely vanilla BG2, but I also don't have any mods that change spells like that (only Fixpack, Ascencion, SCS2, Widescreen).

That would be a hardcoded bug, in that case. The animation is hardcoded to the physical mirror effect. Do you stop reflecting arrows when the spell is supposed to run out?

Yes, the effect of the spell wears off normally. The bug is visual only (it persist even after resting). Shame it's hardcoded.

Perhaps I was unclear, but I thought that was the problem - it should. Descriptions should match the spell effects. Or is this sort of stuff reserved for the non-light GTU?

Oh, you mean like that. Yeah, descriptions should match the effects. I don't know if I overlooked it, or if I left it because it's technically not entirely wrong (aside from describing e.g., fireball as doing magical-fire damage) or if I just spaced on it. But yeah, it should be fixed.

I didn't know round would be "9". It seems odd since some spells have casting time of "9" instead of "1 round". Because of that I always thought a full round would be "10". Doom has always had a casting time of 1 for me, also in EE which I played before BG2. I have not played completely vanilla BG2, but I also don't have any mods that change spells like that (only Fixpack, Ascencion, SCS2, Widescreen).

I don't know what's going on there, then. I was wrong before. Really vanilla Doom has a casting time of 1, but Fixpack fixes this, as does BGEE.

Oh, you mean like that. Yeah, descriptions should match the effects. I don't know if I overlooked it, or if I left it because it's technically not entirely wrong (aside from describing e.g., fireball as doing magical-fire damage) or if I just spaced on it. But yeah, it should be fixed.

I'm sorry, I should've been more clear.

However, if what Mikkola says is correct, no ordinary item / ability / spell in the game could actually do "magic fire" or "magic cold" dmg, as that could potentially crash the game. In which case "magic fire" resistance would be a completely fluff stat with no purpouse but to confuse a player. Perhaps the devs originally planned on separating different types of elemental dmg (for example Potion of Fiery Burning doing non magical fire dmg while Fireball would do magical fire) but then scrapped the idea and went with just one dmg type per element. IF that's the case I'd prefer that stat not to be shown to me at all (but better make sure it doesn't have any function before removing it).

I do not have much experience with the game, but from what I've seen all fire dmg gets affected by "fire resistance" stat, and all cold dmg by "cold resistance" stat. If that's the case, then those spells grant complete immunity (100%) in their respective elements, just like Protection from Acid and Protection from Lightning. So I kind of have to disagree that the description is not entirely wrong, as it clearly states 50% resistance instead of 100%. Either the description should state 100% too, or the spell effects should be nerfed to 50%.

I don't know what's going on there, then. I was wrong before. Really vanilla Doom has a casting time of 1, but Fixpack fixes this, as does BGEE.

This sounds very odd, but then it seems there has been a new fixpack quite lately? Was it perhaps tweaked in that? I did mod my game very early this year, so I'm missing the latest changes. I could swear Doom had cast time of 1 in my BGee (again, it was an earlier patch also), but I played it almost a year ago so perhaps I remember it wrong. Now that I think of it it might have been the case that I was pleasantly surprised by the change in BG2. Have to say I've enjoyed the snapping fast cast time 1 Doom, but now I feel bad about it :(

EDIT: Divine Protection from Fire has the same issue as those two arcane protection spells. It claims 80% resistance vs. fireballs etc, while giving 100% (Fire Resistance 100%, "Magic Fire" 80%, only Fire Resistance counts). Protection From Fire/Cold has correct description/behavior.

Couple of potential item description clarifications for consideration (for GTU):

- Short sword "Kundane" has a hidden ability of +1apr. Other weapons that grant the bonus (at least Scarlet Ninja-To & Belm) seem to have the +1apr mentioned in their description as a special ability, but Kundane has no abilities mentioned, only "This weapon has no speed factor" in the description - which refers to the weapons speed factor 0 (which in itself doesn't grant +1apr as weapons like Short Sword of Backstabbing (also speed 0) don't). Speaking from own experience I almost missed the fact and tossed the weapon away, but luckily I usually check the char sheet changes for equipment before getting rid of them.

- Long sword "Namarra" claims to have special ability of "Silence 15' radius three times a day". This is in a way true, though the spell works very differently from divine "Silence 15' radius" or the ability of the Horn of Silence (which is different thing but also documented in its description properly). Namarra's silence is party & neutral friendly (hits only red circled targets), while otherwise being as powerful (with the same save penalty I believe). I'd consider the description misleading the way it is now. (EDIT: Considering how wacky the item effects can be (case in point: Celestial Fury's "Blindness" that affects the whole map) I suppose the item effect names are not supposed to match spells. I'd prefer it to mention the effects are "unique" but It's probably not GTU Light material.)

For reference, my Fixpack (core & beta core) & GTU Light versions are 9.14.

For reference, my Fixpack (core & beta core) & GTU Light versions are 9.14.
Erhm what else might you be using ?

As the vanilla BG2 with the current Fixpack should have the +50% resistance ... which leads us to the fact that you must have something else...

So: What is the difference between your game and the vanilla ? Is it a BG1EE ? A BG2 with mods other than the BG2Fixpack and the GTU Light ? What else can you tell us about it ?

Open the weidu.log and copy paste the text to a post...

PS: you do have a clean install ? In essence, you need to have a clean install folder during the install ... one that's not in the Program Files -folders...

Oh right, sorry, here you go:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.14

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.14

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v9.14

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2019 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility -> Antimagic spells remain single-target, but affect the target creature whether or not it is invisible (default option): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Prevent Simulacra and Projected Images from using magical items: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Remove the Shield of Balduran from the game: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Replace +1 magical weapons with Fine ones: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Make the healing and resurrection powers of the Rod of Resurrection into separate abilities: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Change Carsomyr so that its Dispel on contact power grants a saving throw: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3510 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3522 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Remove all ammo from random containers: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3530 // Faster Bears: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3540 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3980 // Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3992 // Increase the price of a license to practise magic in Athkatla -> License costs 20,000 gp: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4002 // Increase the price asked by Gaelan Bayle -> Gaelan wants 80,000 gold pieces: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB (warning: this will make it inaccessible until the end of SoA): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Delay the arrival of the "bonus merchants" in the Adventurers' Mart and the Copper Coronet: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4092 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/3 the normal rate: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6015 // More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6024 // Potions for NPCs -> Three quarters of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Improved Spiders: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6035 // Improved golems: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Give fiends more staying power by increasing their hit points (this component has no effect unless Improved Fiends is installed): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6051 // Improved fiends -> Fiends cast spells like normal wizards: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6061 // Smarter genies -> Genies cast spells like normal wizards: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6070 // Give Celestials slightly more staying power: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6081 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6090 // Give dragons more staying power by increasing their hit points: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6095 // Standardise dragon immunities: dragons in Shadows of Amn get the same immunities to vorpal attacks (etc) as their Throne of Bhaal cousins: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6108 // Enemy mages (and Elder Orbs) use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages or Smarter Beholders): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6110 // Smarter beholders -> Give beholder rays some chance to "burn through" spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6123 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have enhanced damage resistance; Illithids can see through invisibility (matches Tactics mod): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6130 // Improved Vampires: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6136 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6138 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> Only selected SoA mages get HLAs: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6152 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6160 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priests get HLAs: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6170 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> Only selected SoA priests get HLAs: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6182 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6210 // Smarter Illasera: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6220 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6230 // Smarter Abazigal: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6240 // Smarter Gromnir: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6250 // Smarter Melissan: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6260 // Give Ascension demons SCSII scripts and abilities: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6270 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCSII scripts and abilities: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6900 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved Shade Lord: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7020 // More resilient trolls: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7031 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Significantly increased difficulty: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Improved Random Encounters: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Slightly improved Faldorn: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7065 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7075 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold -> Normal mode (recommended): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7078 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Sahuagin: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Prevent resting in the Illithid city: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7120 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7126 // Improved Irenicus in Hell (Tactics remix) -> Tactics-SCSII hybrid: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7150 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7160 // Improved Minor Encounters: v21

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

EDIT: On a patched game of course. Also, playing in multiplayer.

Wisp: Found the reason why Doom works differently for us. It was changed in the latest Fixpack, which I'm lacking. Here's more info: http://forum.baldurs...om-casting-time (Camdawg says it was not changed at that time in the Fixpack and like I said, I modded my game very early this year). So that one has correct description now (so I'm now a cheater with my superfast doom :)).

Jarno Mikkola: I think Wisp already confirmed the misleading description (50% not being actual spell behavior), so I think that hasn't been changed. Also, did you actually test it in a vanilla + fixpack game?

EDIT: "Tightened up code for the Protection From Fire and Protection From Cold fixes to make it more robust" was mentioned in the v10 Fixpack Update, so those spells might now have correct behavior. I wonder if it includes the divine 80% one too (which at least used to grant 100%). My apologies if all of these were already fixed.

Immunities Don't Suppress All Effects was adjusted to handle poison damage; specifically most disease damage is done through poison damage so an effort was made to provide disease immunity without also granting complete poison immunity.

I wonder if this change in v10 already addressed an issue I seem to have with some poison immunity items. Periapt Proof Against Poison (amulet) and Protection from Poison (green scroll) don't seem to provide any resistance to Poison damage (I assume it should be 100% per "immunity"). They probably protect from being poisoned (the icon "Protected from Poison" is there) but not from that damage type (for example Cloudkill). Ring of Gaxx however grants the 100% Poison damage resistance properly. I assume it might be a conflict with the poison/disease separation thingy (as Gaxx has both), and I read there was some issues with TobEx on that one as well in the past. Hopefully already fixed, but maybe worth a check.

I wonder if this is intended behavior...

Free action grants immunity to stuff that _changes_ anything your character has going on mobility-wise. So I can put haste / ihaste on and then apply Ring of Free Action without losing the haste (but not the other way around). On the flipside things like Golem Slow aren't negated by applying said ring, as the state of Free Action just preserves whatever mobility condition the character is in. However, movement increase from Boots of Speed gets negated by Free Action no matter the applying order.

Archived