Does this work on Windows 7 64bits?

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I tried to install this mod on my Windows 7 64 bits. So I first installed Icewind Dale (GOG version) and Baldur's Gate II (also from GOG). Then I executed the mod. I filled in the required fields correctly and it started copying some files. But at some point, it couldn't access some files in my windows directory and then the DOS box disappeared. (I do not have screenshots about this :( )

So the only thing I noticed is that my video drivers were corrupted and some other things weren't working correctly anymore (well it could be the result of something else but it's right after I tried to install this mod that those things went wrong). So in the end I chose to reinstall my Windows from scratch and now I'm not too sure to try this experience again.

Did someone already install and play this mod on that OS?

Thanks.

Regards,

Well, you just have to avoid the "Program Files" -sub folders and anything that is translated as that on your Windows language as that. So for example, install the games to the C:\Games\BGII - SoA and C:\Games\IwD -folders and take it from there. Hmm, I do not know if the IwD from GoG comes with the latest patch addon which is this, so you might have to install that too on top of the IwD.

Ouh, and just incase, you will want to disabling your User Account Control and your Program Compatibility Assistant... and you might wish to read this in anycase, even if you know how to do that.

The GoG version of IWD has that patch included. And I avoid the Program Files directory when it comes to games ^^

I'll disable the User Account Control when doing the installation but I cannot disable the Program Compatibility Assistant since I've the familial version of W7 :(

Maybe I should make a backup of my windows using its backup utility.... I hope it works well ^^

I suppose I'll try again this installation this weekend. I'll give some feed back when done (successfull or not).

Thanks.

I wrote (some of) it on a 64-bit Windows 7 system. It's currently playing fine on my 64-bit Windows 8. So yes, it should be fine. (BG2, by virtue of being an oldish game, sometimes generates problems for newer graphics cards, but that shouldn't specifically give IWD-in-BG2 any problem.) Bottom line: if your (Windows) system runs BG2 correctly it ought to be able to cope with IWD-in-BG2.

I wrote (some of) it on a 64-bit Windows 7 system. It's currently playing fine on my 64-bit Windows 8. So yes, it should be fine. (BG2, by virtue of being an oldish game, sometimes generates problems for newer graphics cards, but that shouldn't specifically give IWD-in-BG2 any problem.) Bottom line: if your (Windows) system runs BG2 correctly it ought to be able to cope with IWD-in-BG2.

Ok, thanks for the information. I'll try it out later :)

Archived