Back to Brynllaw

kreso

I'll post feedback here since I don't have an account over at mod's home forum.

First and foremost, I usually hesitate to install any quest-like mod for several reasons - either it unbalances the game, sometimes it feels horribly out of place for BG2 setting, or is just bugged and non-playable.

Anyhow, since I like "Xan NPC" from the same author, I decided to install this "little" mod (zipped, it has 736kb).

Played the game as usual, rescued Imoen and started the quest at level 16.

Dialogues - incredible. Immersion factor surpassed my expectations from this mod by such a large margin. Some are just funny, some rahter serious, some have unforgettable lines along vanilla Minsc (I had both Imoen and Xan with me.....Yay for CC! :D "Only 2 words...." - hilarious. )

The expansion itself does feel a bit "modded in", it does not "blend" in vanilla game that much (mostly due to a relatively big number of small quests in a small area such as Brynllaw), but considering how good and bug-free it is that's easilly overlooked.

Features a lot of NPC-NPC dialogue (I so rarely see this, and love it. Makes the place feel much more "alive")

I guess battles there depend on AI enhacing mod (SCS in my case) so they were hard, but considering that it's a late-game add-on nothing too difficult (ok, I did reload several times but mostly due to not preparing). Total playing time was in between 2, 3 hours, maybe more....can't say exactly since I got so involved in playing it I didn't pay attention to time.

You know that feeling "I'll quit the game after I finish this little side-quest, I promise!" - this was very prominent. Needless to say, i finished it in one go. :D

Characters involved are quite likable, even some are plain bastards....they somehow get under your skin. Kind of like Korgan - he may be evil and all, but he has the same quality (relatively speeking).

In the same install, I also have Sellswords but now given SCS24 is out (hooray! bye-bye SCS1 and SCS2!) I have to re-install everything and will (hopefully) get to play it in next few days. If it is as half as good as BtB, it will be a blast.

For ending, thank you for an exellent mod. I had great fun playing it and actually reading dialogues (which I can say for very few quest mods). Does "break the 4th wall" a bit, but it's very charming and the love and devotion implemented in making clearly shows out.

Highly recommended. From now on, core.

You're very welcome. Does it mock Improved Anvil as well? There is a line about ADHWs (I don't want to spoil more, hope you know what I'm talking about - "2 words...") but it reminded me very much on that mod.

Archived