Problem with Sounds

Linemater

Where can I find a fixing mod that solve a sound set problem with the Irenecus dialog in my game Baldur's Gate II - ToB (in the begining of the game, it does not play the sound in the conversation with the golem, neither the golem sound, and i do not know where else it does have that similar problem).

I've moved this to a new topic since it wasn't really relevant to the threads you posted in.

There probably isn't a mod that fixes this because it is not widespread. You probably need specific troubleshooting to determine why it is not working on your installation.

Switch your sound system to from 7.1 or 5.1 mode to the 4.0 or 2.0 mode... as the game is so old if can't produce a correct sound levels for the multiple speakers... this is the normal solution for the silent sounds, even in this case where we don't actually know if you have multiple speaker outputs, as you have not said that.

"Switch your sound system to from 7.1 or 5.1 mode to the 4.0 or 2.0 mode... "

I used the program NearInfinity and found the sound files, and the phrases are in a file called "VAELAS.DLG"...

How can I change the sound system from the game? Or is this a change from the OS?

It worked! Thank you!

I have change the OS sound setings, lowering the performance ("hardware acceleration", "quality conversion of the sampling rate"); and change the output speakers to "stereo headphones", since those are the ones I'm using. Also I've changed the game "harware sound setings" to "Average PC" (450 MHz).

The information can be helpful if anyone needs to solve that issue, so I post this here...

Archived