BG1 Style World Map for BGT

Grunker

I'm playing BG1 with BGT installed, and I am getting increasingly annoyed by the BG2-style light green map with BG1-style icons. Is there a mod that'll change my world map back to a BG1-style cloth-map and that doesn't require me to start a new game?

You can get a different coloured map with coloured icons by installing the BP-BGT Worldmap mod. As a bonus feature, you also benefit from the G3 Fixpack's worldmap fixes (which are overwritten by BGT but included in the Worldmap mod).

I'm not aware of any BG1-style map mod.

You can get a different coloured map with coloured icons by installing the BP-BGT Worldmap mod. As a bonus feature, you also benefit from the G3 Fixpack's worldmap fixes (which are overwritten by BGT but included in the Worldmap mod).

I'm not aware of any BG1-style map mod.

When I was working on Shadow Hand (which uses the BG2 engine), I was trying to make a full replica BG1 map that would also work on Tutu, but I ran into problems replicating the glowing effect that occurs when you mouse over an area. It seemed that BG1 implemented the effect in the engine itself, while BG2 played frames of an animation.

I think the appropriate animations could be made, either by taking a million screenshots of the BG1 map in-game, or using a program like Photoshop to create a decent facsimile of the effect, but I didn't have the patience at the time. I also seem to recall BG1 might have had different coloured glows depending on whether you'd previously visited the area and I think the BG2 engine would only ever play one animation, so there would be that limitation.

Archived