"not a valid GAME V1.1 file (wrong sig)" - guestion.

Jarno Mikkola

So I am trying something new and well, the weidu.debug gives me this:

Copied [copcust1.cre] to [override/IJ#BGWMS.cre]

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[bGTtoBG1areas/ar0042.are] loaded, 1504 bytes

Patching baldur.gam in directory save/000000009-3

[save/000000009-3/baldur.gam] loaded, 47496 bytes

ERROR: [bGTtoBG1areas/ar0042.are] -> [override/IJ#BGTa1.are] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("not a valid GAME V1.1 file (wrong sig)"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Allow the traveling from the BG2 areas back to BG1 areas.], rolling back to previous state

Here's my .tp2 code:
 COPY_EXISTING ~copcust1.cre~ ~override/IJ#BGWMS.cre~
//snip ...
 WRITE_ASCII 0x02cc IJ#ar20	//.d file

//Areas
COPY ~BGTtoBG1areas/ar0042.are~ ~override/IJ#BGTa1.are~
//   WRITE_ASCII 0x0094 IJ#BGTa1   //.baf name   TO DO , DO IT TOO!!!
ADD_GAM_NPC ~override/IJ#BGWMS.cre~ ~ar0020~ #600 #372	 //unfinished
ADD_GAM_NPC ~override/IJ#micba.cre~ ~IJ#BGTa1~ #718 #307	//ensure this idiot works 

So, erhm, what does that mean ? If it matters, I have exported the ar0042.are in the mod folder with Near Infinity v1.33 w1.3.0 a few days prior to this... I am totally lost on where to find the cause for this, as I have used different saves too, and it takes the last one and complains about it.

You are (probably) trying to use this on GAMEV2.0 (BG2). ADD_GAM_NPC is ONLY for BG1.
Yeah, you are right as always... depressingly so sometimes, but... thank you for your help ... So which command should I use in BG2(&BGT) game to add the creatures to area ? ... I know I could use the script approach, but I .. wish not to need that. And no, the creatures are not join-able... so that won't matter. They should actually exist in the area before the player enters is...

I mean this with the script approach...

IF
Global("randomglobal","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
  SetGlobal("randomglobal","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("IJ#bgwms",[x.y],d)
END 

Opped with EXTEND_BUTTON to the area .bcs file and so forth.

Of course the savegame compatibility would be optimal, hmm but if there's no there way, then sure I can learn to live with the scripts...

You'd use fj_are_structure to add actors to areas. You could possibly also use fj_are_structure to patch an ARE file embedded in a saved game's SAV file (except you have to navigate the SAV stucture yourself), but patching saved games is daft.

ADD_GAM_NPC doesn't do anything close to this. The scripting equivalent in BG2 is MakeGlobal() or whatever the action is called.

Archived