Protection from undead

In the description of the protection from undead scroll it's specifically said that it protects from physical attacks. Not from being detected.
Well yeah... the whole description is a lie... just like the sanctuary spells description, it uses the same kind of effect(invisibility). There's no way you can make the game actually give protection from all effects from a creature in this engine, so..
...it shouldn't give protection from all effects. Only physical attacks (and in PNP, that's until you attack the creature).
Well, there's problems with that, see the vampires attack effect is not only a physical one, but also magical/the drain effect... there's several hold/disease melee effects, and the like.

There's a couple of good reasons why the invisibility effect actually suit the stuff ... it's the best I can conceive in this engine.

Well, there's problems with that, see the vampires attack effect is not only a physical one, but also magical/the drain effect... there's several hold/disease melee effects, and the like.

There's a couple of good reasons why the invisibility effect actually suit the stuff ... it's the best I can conceive in this engine.

Magical or not, why does it matter.

Magical or not, why does it matter.
Well, the thing is, you can't protect from level drain for because there are other sources that drain levels besides the undead... the hold spells are used by various clerics and so forth... it could possibly be done with tricks, but the game is so large today that it's going to break at some point. Yes, more than 500 mods and counting...

Well, the thing is, you can't protect from level drain for because there are other sources that drain levels besides the undead... the hold spells are used by various clerics and so forth... it could possibly be done with tricks, but the game is so large today that it's going to break at some point. Yes, more than 500 mods and counting...

I mean that a physical attack is physical. Whether it's magical or not. These qualities don't exclude each other.

Anyway, I'm just pointing out an inconsistency, not saying what exactly should be done about. Fixing the description is a way, too.

Archived