Sword of Balduran in BG1 with Item Revision

zerguu

Hey there,

I've got a problem here: I've installed some modes as part of BWP "Total Happiness patch". One of them is Item Revision. And right now i got stuck on Mendeas becouse weapons that before was affecting him right now is not working. I meen Sword of Balduran +2 and another bastard sword with + against shapeshifters. Is it bug or is it intended?

By "stuck on Mendas quest" I suppose you mean the problem is dealing with the Greater Werewolf, am I correct? If so, I was pretty sure the default game required those weapons (Sword of Balduran, and Kondar, now replaced by Lawgiver) to be flagged as "silver" to hit such creatures, and I actually left that flag in order to allow those weapons to still work in BG1 (the same is true for a bunch of other weapons such as the silver werebane dagger). Is something else going on?

.... I suppose you mean the problem is dealing with the Greater Werewolf, am I correct?
Technically it's a creature called "Loup Garou"... there are 3 in my BGT game, two carry the immune1.itm, while the third carries the ringloup.itm, and the weapon type it protects from is the 11(non-cold-iron according to the NearInfinity w1.3.0). So according to this, you actually say that you keep the wrong flag...
Is something else going on?
Latest SCS.
What did it do?

@Jarno, afaik I've kept vanilla's flag I didn't changed it, thus either vanilla itself was broken (unlikely) or something else is going on...but if I only need to change the flag fine with me (need to check if that would make it work on any install though).

Ok. It seems Lawgiver etc. are flagged as Silver, but Loup Garou werwolves are immune to anything but Cold Iron flagged weapons.

I'm fairly certain it all worked fine with previous SCS versions. I did report this few months ago.

@Jarno, afaik I've kept vanilla's flag I didn't changed it, thus either vanilla itself was broken (unlikely) or something else is going on...
Actually what you are implying above when you say that you kept the Silver flag is that you didn't keep the Gold/Cold-iron flag... remember the item is different in BG1 and BG2, thus the recreation of the BGT's item needs to be exact BG1 replica in purpose of this quest, meaning that the item needs it's cold-iron flag, not the silver one. Just like kreso says above...

Now of course I haven't actually change-log'ged the item based on kreso's game as I have no idea what it is... as he would need to do it, but based on what you wrote, I just wrote what I was suspecting.

What comes to the BGT's handling of the item and the quest, it might be that the BGT adds in the cold-iron flag to the BG2 item, or it does whatever it wants, but it surely worked when I last time killed the cheese monster some 10 BGT versions ago.

I have change-logged ringloup.itm....no mods affect it (Revisions+SCS on a BGT install). Odd.
Erhm, so it keeps the immune to non cold iron weapons... but that's not the issue, it's probably the weapons flags... wa2s1h.itm and/or sw1h18.itm, which are supposed to be the Sword of Balduran. This, is the random bg2's odd and off based Sword of Balduran that's introduced by the bonus merchants... so change-log the "sw1h18.itm" ... it needs to have the cold-iron flag.

It doesn't have "cold iron". It has "silver". Affected by IR/SCS (scs patches all weapons). What bugs me is why did it work before, and doesn't work anymore. At least the solution is easy, flag it as both Silver and Cold Iron.

It doesn't have "cold iron". It has "silver". Affected by IR/SCS (scs patches all weapons). What bugs me is why did it work before, and doesn't work anymore. At least the solution is easy, flag it as both Silver and Cold Iron.
Erhm, make sure to that you note the exact component which is to blame and report it as affecting the bug... as you can find out which of the backup files has the flags and which do not...ps the backup is made before the component so the component that changes that is the faulty party, in from the "change-log" directory. That's why its made to print the files there. Whahahahahhaaaa...

The reason why it worked before but now doesn't is easy, someone screwed with the flag and now it's broken...

Archived