gemrb and Windows RT

nokmaar

Hello All,

This is going to sound incredibly uninformed.....

I'm having trouble getting the gemrb program to even run on my surface rt tablet.

I brought the whole folder over via usb, I've placed the games files (BG1) in the proper location under gemrb/games.

Whenever I try to initialize the gemrb program (gemrb.exe) I get a wondows error complaining about not being able to verify the digital signature from Microsoft.

I have attempted to disable the digital signature verification using the advance start-up options (going through the bit tracker protection code), however each time the tablet restarts I never get access to the needed customization options.

Has anyone else had an issue initializing the software? I can't even get past first base on this.

gemrb will work wherever one manages to compile it (x86 and beyond, arm, ppc, maybe risc). Whether you'll have silly permission problems later is not related — that's a platform problem. Winrt works on 7 deviced according to wikipedia, so the reason we're not making builds for it should be clear.

the process is the same as for x86 and others, but you know, make sure you're on an arm version/hardware at all.

You don't have to be on an ARM platform to compile for the ARM platform. You just have to have a cross compiling environment.

I'm not familiar with setting such a setting up.

Actually the Surface Pros have intel i5 chips. I'm beggining to wish I just ponied up the money for one, that way I could just run the .exe for any program I wanted.

I'm thinking this is beyond my skill level. I don't have a cross comiling program, and if I did I doubt I would know how to use it.

Archived