Losing Aerie's 5th Level Spells

Beron

I recently started a game with the v0.8.4 version of Cleric Remix installed, and discovered that Aerie seemed to be losing 1 spell per level. I downloaded and installed the latest version, and Aerie now has her full number of spells. However, she doesn't have *any* 5th level spells available to memorise, even though she has 1 5th level spell slot.

How do I fix this? Would levelling up fix this, or having her energy drained and then restored?

Also, previously she had some extra spells in her spell list, but these have now disappeared. Were these removed from Aerie deliberately?

Simon D. Taylor

That could be an issue with updating to the new version in the existing game... Spells are added at levelup so if you continue on I am afraid you are unlikely to get them for level 5, as you have missed them. Sorry.

I'll have a look and a think and see if I can think of some way for you to fix it. :) You could always use Shadowkeeper or something to add the spells to her Known Spells list.

Kit abilities also get re-applied when (re)joining a party. You could also try dropping and re-adding Aerie, even if it's as brief as kicking her out and then saying it was a mistake when her 'are you sure' dialogue pops up.

Thanks! I tried that on a saved game, and it worked. Admittedly all her memroies cleric spells were cleared, but's a minor problem.

Simon D. Taylor

Incidentally, I think Jaheira's spells must have been screwed up as well, as she just went up a (fighter) level and she seemed to lose spells. Yet when I checked the druid's spell table in the manual, she appeared to have the right number of spells at each level!

Somehow, the previous version of cleric remix that I had installed must have been giving Jaheira extra spells.

Simon D. Taylor

Archived