MakeUnselectable() action

Lu_

It's used on Player2 thru Player6 in your dream(while Irenicus is stealing your soul) Yet if I save in the dream area (AR0028) and reload, party members become selectable. Can anybody confirm this?

I don't rely 100% on my experience here, it may be just a glitch. My effing comp has been showing some weird things with BG2 lately (of minor importance, though) and this behavior with MakeUnselectable() may well be one of those oddities

The timer it uses is not saved. That's why the action is used only in cutscenes and you were lucky or had deliberately hacked to have managed saving.

What I'd like to know is what the value of 0 for the parameter means. It is used in both bgs and clearly has an effect of nonzero duration.

Doesn't MakeUnselectable(0) end the unselectable state?

As for luck or hacking, -- neither, actually. While the actions MakeUnselectable() are indeed performed in a cutscene, they last beyond it. I think Bioware just overlooked it (surprise, surprise!) They shouldn't have allowed saving in those two areas where the dream takes place (AR0028 and AR0012)

Archived