GemRB and BG1NPC Project

TDouglas

I'm wondering if anyone else has got these to work together? I've been trying various experiments between editing gemrb.cfg and gem-baldur.ini, but no luck. I use the latest source from git, but still no-go. Have verified that it works fine with wine, but causes stuttering with gemrb (the dialog tries to trigger ... you even get the portrait of the speaking party member in the dialog window ... but only "has nothing to say to you" printed therein).

The following is an example of gemrb output (there's a lot more than this). I'm not sure this is the problem, but it looks kinda suspicious :)

[GameScript/WARNING]: isvalidforpartydialog(o:object*) is in collision with 16451 ifvalidforpartydialogue

[GameScript/WARNING]: isvalidforpartydialogue(o:object*) is in collision with 16451 ifvalidforpartydialogue

[GameScript/ERROR]: trigger 256 (nexttriggerobject(o:object*)) is too high, ignoring

[GameScript/ERROR]: trigger 257 (movementrate(o:object*,i:value*)) is too high, ignoring

[GameScript/ERROR]: trigger 258 (movementrategt(o:object*,i:value*)) is too high, ignoring

[GameScript/ERROR]: trigger 259 (movementratelt(o:object*,i:value*)) is too high, ignoring

[GameScript/ERROR]: trigger 260 (nummirrorimages(o:object*,i:value*)) is too high, ignoring

[GameScript/ERROR]: trigger 261 (nummirrorimagesgt(o:object*,i:value*)) is too high, ignoring

[GameScript/ERROR]: trigger 262 (nummirrorimageslt(o:object*,i:value*)) is too high, ignoring

[GameScript/ERROR]: trigger 263 (bouncingspelllevel(o:object*,i:level*)) is too high, ignoring

[GameScript/ERROR]: trigger 264 (numbouncingspelllevel(o:object*,i:level*,i:amount*)) is too high, ignoring

[GameScript/ERROR]: trigger 265 (numbouncingspelllevelgt(o:object*,i:level*,i:amount*)) is too high, ignoring

Any thoughts?

They're bg2 triggers and synonimous, so we just need to mark them as such. You could fix the mod in the meanwhile by replacing all uses of ifvalid* to isvalid* symbol (simple text replace). However, since you're using git, just get the latest commits, as I've fixed this.

If ToBEx modifies them, that's potentially just an extra problem.

I recompiled from git today to grab the new changes, but (sadly) the problem remains. However, not sure the TobEX code is to blame (even tho the same warnings are emitted).

As a test, I brought up a console in game and just entered BLAHHHHHH! as the command (I wanted to mark where the problem was in the log), then hit restparty to trigger the dialog. Same as before (Montaron's pic showed up, but "Montaron has nothing to say to you" showed up again).

I'm enclosing the GemRB log if it helps. And, by the way, thanks for trying :)

GemRB_log.txt

They're bg2 triggers and synonimous, so we just need to mark them as such. You could fix the mod in the meanwhile by replacing all uses of ifvalid* to isvalid* symbol (simple text replace). However, since you're using git, just get the latest commits, as I've fixed this.

If ToBEx modifies them, that's potentially just an extra problem.

No, the triggers over 255 are tobex specific. I don't know why it complains about collision, though. There is code to handle synonyms, and only one of them must be known by GemRB. It would handle the rest of them without problem.

For now I've uninstalled the mod ... I'm still using gemrb to run through the baldur's gate saga (bgt install with many mods). I'll report elsewhere if I run into any further problems. I'm happy to reinstall and try this one again if anyone needs it :) Until then, guess gemrb simply won't run this particular mod :(

Well, I was only talking about isvalidforpartydialog*. According to IESDP all 4 have the same signatures, but the name difference is not only in the last chars, so that's why it seems manual intervention was needed (at least for one).

dialogs are not simple, since they use scripts. We're testing some changes that affect a few corner cases, but the code is not committed yet, so it's harder to share it. Anyway, you said you uninstalled it, so let's leave it be for a while.

Archived