Effect #243 and #261

Grammarsalad

Additional information regarding effect 243 (drain item charges) and 261 (restore lost spell) in BGEE

Effect 243: If you put a specific item in the resource key, only that item will be drained. I've tested this by adding the effect to assassin's poison weapon and putting wand12 in the resource key. I have observed that only wand12 is drained of charges when using the ability.

Effect 261: If you put a specific spell in the resource key, only that spell will be regained. I have tested this with numerous spells.

I have only observed this in BGEE (ie I have not tested it in any other engine)

#243: There isn't supposed to be such distinction, but there have been a few changes to prevent destruction of items (the item must be charged but not stacked, magical, non-critical, droppable).

#261: Hmm, i don't know how this could be. There was no such effort. Opcode 261 brings back a single spell of param1 level (or if there was no such spell to recall, one level lower).

#261: Hmm, i don't know how this could be. There was no such effort. Opcode 261 brings back a single spell of param1 level (or if there was no such spell to recall, one level lower).

Every time I have tested it,I set param1 to the level of the spell in the resource key. I believe I have tried it with a spell that is not currently memorized and expended and (iirc) it had no effect.

If I am remembering correctly, I assume that it would not recall any spell if param1 was set to a lower level than the spell in the resource key, though I see no reason why it wouldn't work if set to a higher level. I will check (might be a while, though)

Archived