Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Grammarsalad

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

10,210 profile views
  1. Grammarsalad

    List: Unified .cre Patching in Mods

    Something like this should be done for splstates in the ees
  2. Grammarsalad

    The probability field in effects

    Heh, I was actually thinking of Aristotle and his discussion of fatalism and naval battles. And Jarno is, I think, teasing out the difference between what we might call ' metaphysical' vs ' epistemic' possibility, which I think is relevant to the Aristotle conversation (lol, which I won't get into because, among other things, I feel like like this conversation is detailing this thread. At the same time, it felt rude to say nothing...I'm definitely not going to get into a 'my favorite philosopher is better than your favorite philosopher' discussion except to say that Kant rules; the ancients drool. ) More on topic: @CamDawg will this ordering issue and/or auto pause issue be fixed eventually? Is it fixable?
  3. Grammarsalad

    The probability field in effects

    Yeah, I'm curious where these probabilities come from. Nobody has found a way to take measurements from other possible worlds, have they? There is a(t least one) probabilistic argument for the existence of God that relies on the improbability of life. The idea is that, given that the probability of life is so low, and given that there is, in fact, life, it is more likely than not that some supernatural Being intervened to create life--and thus, it is more likely than not that such a Being exists Edit: of course, as Kant pointed out, such an argument, even if it is successful, doesn't actually get us to God. Maybe this being is just an alien Horror best described by Lovecraft. The only way to get to God is by some kind of ontological argument, and, well, that route is not promising...
  4. Grammarsalad

    The probability field in effects

    I think it's fairly clear that InKal was not saying that the probability that p, given p, is something other than 1:1. If I were to flip a coin, get heads, and ask: 'what are the chances of that result?', the most appropriate answer would be '~50%'. Sure, you can point to the result and say, 'no, it's 100%' and, in a sense, you wouldn't be wrong. But, what has happened is that the question has been modified and that modified question has been answered.
  5. Omg, dude. Just... Awesome! Any chance of getting something like this for kit descriptions? *Puppy dog eyes*
  6. Grammarsalad


    Okay, so I'm trying to display the gender of the character in the class descriptions (rather than the protagonist gender). I have tried REPLACE_TEXTUALLY replacing (e.g.) <PRO_MANWOMAN> with <MANWOMAN> in the class description, but in this case the gender doesn't display at all. The same seems to be the case with tokentxt.2da. I can get this to work (which references the protagonist info): 2DA V1.0 * TOKEN_TEXT PROTAGONIST STAT VALUE EQUALITY STRINGT STRINGF 0 RESERVE * * * * * * 1 NP_MANWOMAN 1 35 2 0 woman man But not this (which doesn't seem to reference anything): 2DA V1.0 * TOKEN_TEXT PROTAGONIST STAT VALUE EQUALITY STRINGT STRINGF 0 RESERVE * * * * * * 1 NP_MANWOMAN 0 35 2 0 woman man Any way to get this to work?
  7. Grammarsalad

    Changing Action Bar Buttons

    This is now possible: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71798/mod-eeex-v0-2-0-alpha/p1
  8. Grammarsalad

    Minor tweak for EET_NPC_TRANSITION

    Agreed. The real problem would be if the text had to be uncertain about temporal sequence. The English language is obsessed with time: https://www.amazon.com/Through-Language-Glass-Different-Languages-ebook/dp/B00403MO0M
  9. Grammarsalad

    Some Concerns About V4

    Do you still have those??? I could certainly use a few icons... Just sayin'
  10. Grammarsalad

    SR V4 final

    You were supposed to defeat the EE, not join them We are the borg. Existence as you know it is over. Resistance is futile
  11. Grammarsalad


    Er, I didn't address that at all. Right now, I've finished the first step and Mike is working with it. I think he has a plan. Though, I'm happy to do whatever grunt work needs to be done if required
  12. Grammarsalad

    SR V4 final

    I agree with all of this (and thus Ulb's comments on insect spells, DavidW's on fts duration and ghosts comments on the semi permanent penalty)
  13. Grammarsalad

    SR V4 final

    Sounds good. I will hopefully be done with the bulk of it today. The only stuff I've done in addition to ADD_SPELL is this: - Added scroll bam icon for Wiz protection from elements. I got the BAM from IWDEE. - 4th level d.jump (spwi402.spl) disabled for IWDEE, etc. It was selectable at character creation in IWDEE Heart of Winter though by the description it should only be a 1st level spell. - 4th level monster summoning II disabled for IWDEE, etc. Same reason as D. Jump. I'll keep Contagion as it is for now unless I hear otherwise.
  14. Grammarsalad

    SR V4 final

    Hey Kreso, good to see you. I want to talk about Contagion. I noticed that right now it overwrites Rigid Thinking in Non-IWDEE games. Right now, I'm ADD_SPELLing it in IWDEE so it gets added in that game. Honestly, I'm not sure why it is not overwriting Rigid Thinking in IWDEE, but I'm thinking that it should either overwrite Rigid Thinking in all games or just be ADD_SPELLed in all games.