Creating a new ability

Salk

Do you know how I might do that? There are many coloring op effects available but I am not sure how they work...

Well, to change it to a different color for starters, try opcode #51 (strong/dark color) or if that doesn't work, #52 (very bright color). You might have to experiment with different RGB values, but it's the same thing used in aTweaks and a ton of other mods, nothing magic to it otherwise.

Opcode #66 makes an animation partially (or wholly) transparent. If you want it to fade gradually, you could apply that with a delay, increasing the transparency value every second or so until it's invisible.

Okay, I would like to know whether or not is possible to have this ability's duration tied to the ongoing fight. Meaning that I'd like my creature to resurface a few seconds after the fight is over.

The way I have it now, the duration is a fixed amount but I'd rather change it to the above behavior.

Is something that can be accomplished?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I don't know if it's ideal but I did it by equipping an item and then destroying it to return to a normal state:

IF
    Global("INBURROW","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("WTPFAMLN","GLOBAL",2)
    !ActuallyInCombat()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
Wait(15)
ActionOverride("WTPFERRE",ApplySpellRES("WTPIN12A",Myself))
SetGlobal("INBURROW","GLOBAL",0)
END

Is !ActuallyInCombat() enough?

Also, is there a way that I can force the party to not leave the area as long as "INBURROW" is set to 1?

Archived