Protection from Spell: LCARMOR.SPL and LCROBE.SPL

Salk

Hello!

When I was going to import one of my characters (a monk) into my game, I noticed the .chr file (which has been used in other playthroughs) had these two effects and I believe it has something to do with the Change Avatar when wearing Robes or Armors component by Galactygon which is used by both BG2 Tweaks and 1PP v4.

Can someone explain why of the 6 characters I have been playing with only this monk has such effects?

For the sake of keeping the .chr file "clean" from any modding additions like those ones, would it be safe to remove those two effects using Near Infinity?

Thanks!

Could it be that the monks unique avatar doesn't change just because an effect like this, being melee orientated with kick attacks ... it's a wild mystery why you haven't figured it out yet. Could it be that the other avatar animations would look really bad on the character ?
YES.

Yes.

:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:

Of course that's what I thought as well but I was under the impression that the Change Avatar when wearing Robes or Armors would automatically kick in upon changing armor? Monks do not wear armors.

Monks do not wear armors.

This is because they usually can't. But there's an armor that they can wear, and so the script approach needs to take that into consideration, even if it's in most books, cheating. Yeah, that wasn't obvious... but knowing the base game is part of moding it. And there's mods that allow monks to wear the (lesser) robes too. Cause what would they be wearing other than a robes ... loin cloths... not according to the avatar. :D

And in case it's not obvious -yeah, you could fix the base armor that allows wearing it, but moding brings about the destruction of such a dream, so it's just better to apply the effects to the monk characters. .. it seems, as the mods that have done this are old enough to know the difference, yes as a part of their history/inheritance.

Also note that you can remove the effect from the character, but not doing so won't cause anything critical in the export imports, as the base game doesn't have that, and in case the next game does, and it's not the same exact thing(which the kit would reapply), then you are in far severe problem than it seems as it refers to an intentionally incompatibility and you should look out for those things.

Archived