Tweaking the Call Lightning with NI

cyseal

Indoor flag in spell header: 0018h Attributes 00002000
Change it to 0.
spell in weapon: add an opcode 146 effect to the ability effects, param2=1 (immediate casting), (resref=sppr302).

I think I modified spell the right way but I don't know about adding spell effect to the item.

I want to add for example chain lightning to the sling SLNG01.ITM. Every time it swings, casts CL with 45% chance.

I don't know should I add it to item ability or effects. Add button gives 2 options.

What does it mean resref=sppr302 ?

Where to add which spell I want to cast ?

There are 2 probablility values: Probablility1 and Probablility2. Which should I choose ?

weap.PNG

For the spell I unchecked outdoor only.

Capture1w.PNG

If you don't want to mess the game modifying vanilla spells and items, use "home made" ones with WeiDU.

Here is the code if you want to create a sling (SLNG01M) launching a customed CL spell (SPPR302M):

COPY_EXISTING ~slng01.itm~ ~override/slng01M.itm~
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 146 target = 2 timing = 1 parameter2 = 1 probability1 = 45 STR_VAR resource = SPPR302M END
BUT_ONLY

with opcode = Spell: Cast Spell (at Target) [146], target = 2 Pre-Target, timing = 1-Permanent and parameter2 = 1-Cast Instantly.

Be cautious: probability1 is the upper bound and probability2 the lower bound. I know it may be confusing, but if you want to launch an effect with a 25 % probability, then probability1 is 25 and probability2 0. Probability1 = 50 and probability2 = 25 will have the same result.

Then, remove the outdoors flags from SPPR302:

COPY_EXISTING ~sppr302.spl~ ~override/sppr302m.spl~
    WRITE_LONG   0x18 (THIS BAND BNOT BIT13)    // removes Outdoors only flag
BUT_ONLY

Then Enjoy your new sling! ;)

I'm using this https://github.com/Argent77/NearInfinity/releases from Argent77.

When it saves the item, it creates in override folder new item. If I mess up something, I can just delete it from override and start again.

I modified the sling with the effect but doesn't cast spell (magical stone ). It has 47% just for the test. It should casted it every second attack. What's wrong ?

Capturems.PNG

Thanks.

Archived