Sorcerer's Place Collection&TuTu

Salk

Could you either send me the DEBUG file or post it so I can confirm?

I can't help you there since I've reinstalled everything due some other problems, and I made sure to add that early. So my debug will show a successful install. I can tell you though that it had to do with an .itm file, not sure which one right now, which is the same problem I ran into with the Tweaks version 9. So I'm guessing yeah, it's the same problem you had with Tweaks.

The same safeguards I added for Tweaks have been added to SPC in version 5.

Great! So does WeiDu 174 correct the problems that were occurring with 173?

WeiDU changed how it handles zero-byte files around v170 or so, which made the previous patching code fail. Before it would invisibly skip over zero-byte files, but now it processes them. When I try to read a byte and it's a zero-byte file, WeiDU gets an error and halts installation whereas before it would simply ignore the file. It's not a matter of updating the included WeiDU so much as actually changing my code to account for the different mehod of handling files.

Hi,Cam!

I had created my Archer of Sylvanus with the SP v4.

Can I import it to a new game with the SP v5 installed and assign weapon style points at level ups in the future (since at that time, that was not available) ?

Actually Cam I never started any game. I just cared to create my Archer of Sylvanus character. I would like to keep her since it costed me a long time rolling dice but at the same time I'd like to be sure that I can in the future assign points to the weapons style... :)

WeiDU changed how it handles zero-byte files around v170 or so, which made the previous patching code fail. Before it would invisibly skip over zero-byte files, but now it processes them. When I try to read a byte and it's a zero-byte file, WeiDU gets an error and halts installation whereas before it would simply ignore the file. It's not a matter of updating the included WeiDU so much as actually changing my code to account for the different mehod of handling files.

That didn't really answer my question, though thanks for trying. My concern is for older mods, pre 170, that might have that zero-byte problem. Right now, I'm installing those first before any 170-173 mods in order to avoid any potential conflict. What I'd like to know is whether 174 has been corrected so that older mods don't have that install problem, or should I still continue to add them first? Not everyone is diligent about updating their mods, and it would be a shame if half of the older ones were now obsolete because of this change you've mentioned.

Ah, I see, I misunderstood your question completely.

The prior handling of zero-byte files was a bug according to Wes, but the only time folks would have "exploited" the bug was in the brief window from when ALLOW_MISSING was fixed in v163 or so. So the only mods that would be susceptible to having the zero-byte bug bite them (bad pun intended) would be fairly new ones, and mainly mods of the tweak variety. I think SPC was just at the distant edge of that range--and keep in mind that we're not sure if that was the actual problem or not. This is a long-winded way to say I don't think many mods are affected, and those few are either already updated or probably pretty close.

But yeah, you may want to keep an old copy of WeiDU around just in case. To prevent a program from updating, just open up a command prompt and use

setup-foo.exe --noautoupdate

Unfortunately, I don't think you can prevent mod A from autoupdating mod B, so you probably would need to keep that old copy out of the BG2 directory.

Archived