Extracting the texture with NI?

cyseal

If it's say a goblin avatar as an example(it works for everything else), you first open the .cre file of a goblin you'll find with the search functions, say you'll find a negob01.cre, and look at the animation it uses, this is the goblin with a bow, so it uses the goblin_bow aka 58384, then you open the animate.ids file and find the actual file reference from it with that number, it's 0xE410, from that... you can open the anisnd.ids and find the previous reference, and read the rest of the line:

0xE410 MGO2     CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_GOBLIN_BOW

The MGO2 is the IMPortant par, as that's what the .bam files have in their names: MGO1A1.bam and so forth...

What sort of texture are you referring to? The UI?

Area texture, mountain or grass.

I would use it for outlining my new texture so that it fits on the same place.

If it's say a goblin avatar as an example(it works for everything else), you first open the .cre file of a goblin you'll find with the search functions, say you'll find a negob01.cre, and look at the animation it uses, this is the goblin with a bow, so it uses the goblin_bow aka 58384, then you open the animate.ids file and find the actual file reference from it with that number, it's 0xE410, from that... you can open the anisnd.ids and find the previous reference, and read the rest of the line:

0xE410 MGO2 CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_GOBLIN_BOW

The MGO2 is the IMPortant par, as that's what the .bam files have in their names: MGO1A1.bam and so forth...

This is useful info for me.

Area texture, mountain or grass.

I would use it for outlining my new texture so that it fits on the same place.

Ahh, you mean the back ground image of a map... well you go to the area in game, push the x key in game, this will give you the area code, say ar1300... it also gives the mouse coordinates, anyways then you just open the NI after you exit the game and export the ar1300.tis as a .png, edit that file all to your hearts content and then use NI again to convert the .png file back to .tis via Tools -> Convert -> Image to .tis... and place the file to the mod or override folder.

Like in the above, normally there's a few more steps, as the info is in a .are file, it's .web files, but you can mostly skip that as you want the primary map image(probably).

Truthfully no idea... :p Even less with fluids.

But looking around the game files, just like before :D :

Case 1, stable in area related animation:

If you open the previous .are that you can find via the above method, you open the .are file, go to the Edit view, scroll down and find the Animation 0 etc, that will tell the name and the animation.bam it uses.

Case 2, spell cast animation:

There's at least 2, 1 for the inflight, aka projectile and other for the ground animation. We first take the projectile itself;

You open the spell file(.spl), go to the Edit view and you'll see the projectile it uses(.pro), around the ~18th line, then you open the PRO -folder and find the file and when you have it selected you'll find the .bam it uses in the "Projectile info" -line, it's around the 11th line.

Something that ends in xxxT.bam ...

Case 3, the landed ground animation:

It should be the same xxx, but with a D, so: xxxD.bam ...

Of course I could be totally off.

Also I didn't say this before, but the .bam files aren't the most co-operative formatted ones, so you might want to export them as multiple .png's or .bmp's. You are of course then stuck with those formats until you re-import them as .bam's via other tools or the Near Infinity's -> Tools -> Convert -> BAM Converter. .bam's, so you can use the files again in games override folder.

Archived