Making a Kit Usable at Character Creation

Bill Bisco

Hi all,

I've started a very basic rudimentary kit based on previous advice and a tutorial .

I've successfully installed the kit, but don't see it at character creation. What do I have to do to make it install?

You can see my tp2 file here

Basic coding is below. Any help would be appreciated.

BACKUP ~Erevain/Backup~ 

AUTHOR ~Bill Bisco at billbisco@gmail.com~ // If the player gets an installation error, he'll know where to post his bug reports

VERSION ~v0.0001~  // This is not necessary, but recommended. A version number will be reflected in your Weidu.log. This way you will know which version a player with a bug report has installed. V4, v1alpha, v1.23 will work too.

AUTO_TRA ~Erevain/%s~ // This is translation support. It means that your mod will eventually have directories like MyMod/French, MyMod/Italian and MyMod/Polish, and this line will tell the compiler where to look.

LANGUAGE ~English~ ~English~ ~Erevain/English/Setup-Erevain.tra~ // This is an example line for English language. If you want, you can also use Translations/English folder

BEGIN ~Erevain Blacksheaf NPC mod for BG2 and IWD~ // This is the name of your mod.

/* 
TABLE OF CONTENTS

100 INSTALL KIT
200 INSTALL CHARACTER

*/

// 100 INSTALL KIT

ADD_KIT ~Infiltrator~ //Infiltrator, in this example, is the internal name of the kit as it will be referred to in the game files. The internal name you specify here will need to be consistent throughout the rest of the ADD_KIT command.

// appended to CLASWEAP.2da
  ~Infiltrator                1           1           1           1           1           0           0           0~
  // appended column-wise to WEAPPROF.2da
  ~Infiltrator 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
  // appended to ABCLASRQ.2da
  ~Infiltrator                0       9       0       0       0       0~
  // appended to ABCLSMOD.2da
  ~Infiltrator                0       0       0       0       0       0~
  // appended to ABDCDSRQ.2da
  ~Infiltrator                0       17       0       0       0      0~
  // appended to ABDCSCRQ.2da
  ~Infiltrator                0       15       0       0       0      0~
  // appended to ALIGNMNT.2da
  ~Infiltrator                0       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1~
  // appended to DUALCLAS.2da
  ~Infiltrator                1       1       1       0       0       0~
/* this is the name of your abilities 2DA file, in the style of clabrn02.2da */
~erevain/kits/infiltrator/biclabth01.2da~
/* These are the 2da files listed in KITTABLE.2DA that you want your kit to be a part of. List as many as you like. */
~K_F_H    K_F_D   K_F_G   K_F_E   K_F_HE   K_F_HL   K_F_HO~
/* This is the "unusable" value you want for you kit and also the class value. These would normally appear at the end of KITLIST.2DA */
~0x00040000 4 ~
/* This is the High Level Ability Abbreviation (see LUABBR.2DA).  Normal values are Fi0, Pa0, etc. */
~Th0~
/* This is the TOB starting equipment list. Put a * if you don't want something. See 25STWEAP.2DA. */
~CHAN09 * HELM07 BAG20 RING06 RING21 * BOOT01 AMUL20 BRAC10 BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN04,2 POTN14,5 HAMM07 SW1H27 STAF08~
/* These are the strings you want for the lower, mixed and help
 * descriptions for your kit. */
SAY ~ infiltrator~ 
SAY ~Infiltrator~
SAY ~INFILTRATOR: The Infiltrator is the master of stealth and mastering unknown places: urban or wilderness. These rogues use their magical abilities to supplement their thieving skills at the price of reduced progress in those thieving skills.

Advantages:

- Access to several innate abilities, which grow in frequency and availability as levels advance:

1. Luck ( 2 uses at level 2)

2. Non-Detection (2 uses at level 3)

3. Knock (2 uses at level 4, 1 additional use at levels 7,10,16,22,28,34,40)

4. Invisibility (2 uses at level 5)

5. Find Traps (2 uses at level 6, 1 additional use at levels 12,18,24,30,36,42)

6. Dimension Door (at level 11,17,23,29,35,41)

7. Improved Invisibility (at level 8)

8. Farsight (at level 9,15,21,27,33,39)

9. True Sight (at level 13, 19, 25, 31, 37,43)

10. Mass Invisibility (at level 14,20,26,32,38,41)

Disadvantages:

- Gets only 15 points to distribute thieving points per level.~

Thank you Jarno. I did not expect any edits by oustiders ever! I incorporated those changes. I plan on classic game compatibility first and then EE Compatibility second, but this code can stay there just fine. Thanks!

So it looks like you answered my question: because I used Fs and not Ts, the class was not listed in Caracter Creation. When I changed them to Ts, it suddenly appeared!

So, if I don't want a kit to be selectable at character creation, I would just change:

~K_F_H K_F_D K_F_G K_F_E K_F_HE K_F_HL K_F_HO~

to

~*~

?

Thanks,

Bill

Archived