Changing npc portrait after a quest?

AWizardDidIt

In my own mod, I'm trying to make a quest that results in a given npc's portrait and soundset changing and while I was able to find the command to change their soundset (SetPlayerSound), I'm not able to find an equivalent command that might let me change their portrait through a script too. Is there a way to do that or do I need to override the cre file of the npc? Any advice I could get I would really appreciate! Thanks!

In my own mod, I'm trying to make a quest that results in a given npc's portrait and soundset changing and while I was able to find the command to change their soundset (SetPlayerSound), I'm not able to find an equivalent command that might let me change their portrait through a script too. Is there a way to do that or do I need to override the cre file of the npc? Any advice I could get I would really appreciate! Thanks!

It can be done with a spell that casts (opcode107) *change portrait* on the NPC - you may need two spells if you want to change both the small and the large portrait.

I use this myself in my mod, so I can assure it works.

It can be done with a spell that casts (opcode107) *change portrait* on the NPC - you may need two spells if you want to change both the small and the large portrait.

I use this myself in my mod, so I can assure it works.

Oh how weird, never thought about that. Thanks, I'm going to check into that!

Archived