How does the journal work?

temnix

Nope, doesn't work. The delay works, but the old record remains. Is there something missing? Are the entry types correct? Do I need JOURNAL somewhere, maybe?

It is not related to this. problem in BGEE (mot using BG2EE) may be in the order of things

I would change it to

IF ~~ THEN DO ~EraseJournalEntry(@001) Wait(2) AddexperienceParty(50) TakePartyGold(100) GiveItem("DUSTSC_#",LastTalkedToBy()) Wait(2) GiveItem("JUNKSC_#",LastTalkedToBy()) Wait(2) AddJournalEntry(@002,QUEST_DONE) Wait(2) EscapeAreaDestroy(10)~ EXIT

Also look up your compiled dialogue after mod installation in NI to check if the STRREF in AddJournalEntry(number,QUEST) and EraseJournalEntry(number) are really identical.

I have a bunch of similar strref entries for this quest. From the different edits. There have been quite a few uninstalls and reinstalls, and failed installs, so I have these left-over strings in the tlk. But how do I tell what links where? More importantly, would the right entry get added and erased for other players who install the mod? You say the code is right...

I have a bunch of similar strref entries for this quest. From the different edits. There have been quite a few uninstalls and reinstalls, and failed installs, so I have these left-over strings in the tlk. But how do I tell what links where? More importantly, would the right entry get added and erased for other players who install the mod? You say the code is right...

The mod added strref are created anew for each installation. A player installing your mod will have unique references in his game. As those players do not mod your mod, there will be no issues for them.

Example - your two journal entries are converted by weidu into @001 >> 333666 and @002 >>> 333667 (next free strrefs in your game)

In the game, the script is using AddJournalEntry(333666,QUEST) and EraseJournalEntry(333666) - you can verify this in the dlg-files that are compiled from your d-files.

The issue you may have had with installing, revising, reinstalling etc may have been that Add and Erase were no longer using the same reference. Anyone (including yourself) doing an installation on a different game will get all new refs and no trouble.

Archived