Is now a good time to start a EET playthrough?

Lilaina

From the comments I was reading on BD that it sounded like you can still travel to both places even before the final battle. Is this correct? Maybe I forgot about these little details, it has been a long time since I last played.

EDIT:

That's right! I remember now you can! The thing was back in the day I would ALWAYS do that last after the final battle! But in this situation you cannot do that, so you have to do it earlier than expected, I feel really goofy about it.

From the comments I was reading on BD that it sounded like you can still travel to both places even before the final battle. Is this correct? Maybe I forgot about these little details, it has been a long time since I last played.

EDIT:

That's right! I remember now you can! The thing was back in the day I would ALWAYS do that last after the final battle! But in this situation you cannot do that, so you have to do it earlier than expected, I feel really goofy about it.

What was previously the period between Sarevok fight and talking to Belt to travel into Amn (BGT game) is now replaced by the SoD episode. You can however travel back to BG1 areas in EET after you left Irenicus dungeon.

EDIT:

What was previously the period between Sarevok fight and talking to Belt to travel into Amn (BGT game) is now replaced by the SoD episode. You can however travel back to BG1 areas in EET after you left Irenicus dungeon.

I understand, I was just saying that from what other players that I was reading from a few hours ago were saying that you can still travel to Ulgoth's beard & Durlag's tower way before you even fight him. I just completely forgot about that one little detail, so I really don't have much to worry really.

You know, I think more mods should take advantage of that where new quests open up in BG1 after BG2 starts, that would be pretty neat to see in the future. Though I admit it would be awkward to see certain NPCs still around like they're stuck in time. Like it would be neat to see how there would be no Carnival in BG2 because they packed up as one fun idea to replace it with some other events.

Ulgoth's Beard & Durlag's Tower are available as soon as you reveal them on the worldmap during your travels. The island travel is possible any time after you have access to BG City to get the sea charts. You can do Durlag's Tower with or without talking to the people in Ulgoth's Beard, but you loose some content if you do without.

Archived