Sandrah Saga/Drizzt, and other mega mods - Irenicus dungeon

Tario

Hey, i have big question about all that comes with these big package.

How irenicus dungeon is solved in addition to Baldurs Gate EE Trilogy?

From what i was reading there are numerous more npc's, and differences i can get to starting dungeon by playing BG1/sod and my ending party.

Question is, if everything installs right will i be able to save all of npcs? or i would have to chose which one to save and left some? How is that handled?

Yup i read that, but it regards vannila EET, and its preety much confusion here, but when you add sandrah drizzt and all of that this can become a mess... And i was also thinking about adding Yarsena but this can be a nail to the coffin.

this can become a mess..

not really, the rules are the same for mods too, so if there is no BG2 content for NPC he will leave the party during SoD, right before returning to Baldur's Gate (which makes sense story wise - you will see after playing the expansion content). What I don't know is how it looks like with Sandrah Saga since that mod changes many things and is fully aware about EET, so Roxanne could have implement Sandrah content differently.

Not sure about Sandrah Saga but regarding vanilla EET this topic explains everything: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28495

In addition to what is explained in the post above:

- generally all mod added NPCs work in EET as the modder has designed them to work.

- some mod NPCs have by now been made continuous characters following K4thos' explanation while others appear in their BG2 version.

- whether an NPC appears in the dungeon already or later in BG2 does not matter for what K4thos explained.

The transition:

At the end of SoD, you and your party are kidnapped by shadow thieves working for Irenicus and brought to Amn. You wake up in the dungeion like in a normal BG2 game. Minsc and Jaheira are in cells nearby (unless they died in BG1). Imoen comes and frees you. You can now let those join your party or send them ahead just like in BG2. EET does not change the contents at all.

Specific NPCs:

- Imoen and Edwin will always appear in BG2 even if they died in BG1 (needed for the story).

- Drizzt - this is special since the BG1 Drizzt who can join (from Drizzt Saga) is a BG1 character only. He will not appear in BG2.

However, if you have Region of Terror installed, you will meet another Drizzt on the second level of the dungeoon. The two different Drizzt versions are compatible and create no problems.

- Sandrah is a continuos EET character by design, you will meet her in the dungeon (not in the first rooms but a little later) but only if you had her in the party when you killed Sarevok and kept her during the SoD campaign. She creates no problem and is just the same as you left her a few hours before.

- Yasraena is a normal BG2 character like dozens more. She starts in BG2 in the dungeon just like Yoshimo or mod Chloe. I have no idea why she could be *a nail to the coffin*.

- If you use the mod *Skip Chateau Irenicus*, you will not meet all NPCs that have a starting location in the dungeon, however the mod moves some few to new starting points in BG2 (look at that mod's readme for details).

Whatever is the justification for this statement

but when you add sandrah drizzt and all of that this can become a mess... And i was also thinking about adding Yarsena but this can be a nail to the coffin.

I have not seen any of it in my numerous EET playthroughs.

Hmm.

I think we did not understand completly. I know i can add them without any problems, and they will appear there and its fine.

My question is how their separation from the party will work. If i say i dont need them right know.

Becouse right know from what i understand i can have in starting party charname, Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo, Sandrah - full party.

What about others that can appear there from other mods? If i switch them in the party, what can happen?

What about others that can appear there from other mods? If i switch them in the party, what can happen?

I don't know about Region of Terror Drizzt, but typically modders allows you to send NPC into Inn etc. where you can meet them again. This is also true for vanilla content. If it works differently in RoT than you may try asking Ikki to change it since he is responsible for EE version of this mod.

Irenicus dongeon is overcrowed with NPC, but that was the case in BGT too

For RoT you can send Wulfgar to the cooper coronet, but you have to take drizzt in your party (the only way to get rid of him witout losing him is to lock him into a room before removing him from the party)

So basicly i have to make a room for Drizzt, okay.

Aaaah, I have question. Anyone though about extending party for short periods of time by using charm style function? Just like with Corax but for extended time till for instance we enter coronet or something? That would solve some stuff, but question is if triggers and other thing would work like they should...

So basicly i have to make a room for Drizzt, okay.

Aaaah, I have question. Anyone though about extending party for short periods of time by using charm style function? Just like with Corax but for extended time till for instance we enter coronet or something? That would solve some stuff, but question is if triggers and other thing would work like they should...

If you have Sandrah in the party you do not need to let Drizzt join at all for RoT. Like in the Dynaheir quest in BG1, you can decide to solve the issues alone.

During the RoT episodes you can send each of Drizzt's companions after rescue to the inn. You meet Drizzt again for the showdown with Jarlaxle but he will act as an Ally and there is no need to make room for him. This is an extra tweak from the Sandrah mod.

Of the starting party in your question (charname, Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo, Sandrah) you can send everyone except Sandrah ahead to meet you outside just in case you find another NPC in the dungeon you like to recruit. Minsc + Yoshimo will go the Copper Coronet, Jaheira will go to Docks near Harper building, Imoen will wait outside of the dungeon for the cutscene after which she is gone anyway. (Again all of this is like vanilla BG2).

hmm, and i think it solves my doubts. But one more thing, if i send drizzt away, will i be able to get him again for his quests and his companions?

f you get rid of him, he is gone for ever. But you can lure him if you lock him in a room : that way you won't have his leaving dialog, and when you open the room he will offer to rejoin your party

Archived