IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Well, what I meant with two copies of a unique item was that the BGT/EET player would end up finding a unique item twice throughout the adventure.

Admittedly it's not nearly as bad as having two of them at the same time.

You're right about the factual analysis about how its usefulness is extremely limited. I thought there'd be a few more enemies left. It's that list from oBG1?

Edited by Salk
Posted (edited)

Well, it's untested but I attempted to re-introduce the Kneecapper into the game as part of my custom post-IRR minor tweaks.

Preliminarily, this is how the Hammer of Corrosion description changed (I just cut those parts that returned to be part of the Kneecapper's original description and made a few minor changes, including correcting a typo):

The Defiler is a fearsome weapon capable of making even the most powerful armors in the Realms useless. Its deadly acid corrodes practically everything it touches and consecutive blows can quickly rend plate mails and natural armors apart, leaving the victim defenseless.

The new description has lost some fluff so it'd maybe be nice maybe to flesh it out slightly.

The Kneecapper on the other hand maintained its original description almost in its entirety:

The Kneecapper—or the "'Capper" as it is affectionately known in dwarven circles—is rumored to have been forged by Clangeddin himself. He gave it to a small clan of homeless dwarves that they might carve a place for themselves amongst the giants and ogres in their area. The hammer has been passed from hero to hero, occasionally finding its way into non-dwarven hands.

Combat abilities:
– Giant Bane: +3 to THAC0 and damage against giant humanoids
– Impactful: 15% chance to score critical hits  +10 percentage points to critical hit chance

The first combat ability follows IRR's "(Race Name) Bane" format while the second re-use "Impactful" (which, I agree, doesn't sound great) although I found the original bonus description (+10% chance to score critical hits) somewhat misleading because that would imply the base chance (5%) to improve 10% and become 5.5 when instead the bonus makes the new critical hit chance 15%. So the description should either be written as above, not implying a bonus but rather a new set chance or be expressed in a bonus term: +200% bonus to critical hits chance. I think the latter sounds worse. (e) I've been considering this further and thought of changing the words to "+10 percentage points to critical hit chance" because I think it's the most accurate way.

One more thing to do was to find a new inventory bam for the Hammer of Corrosion, since it was using the Kneecapper's so I opted for Lava's icon used in IWD for Corrosive Hammer +2.

Edited by Salk