[SoD] Minsc recruitment dialog without Dynaheir

I'd like to do some testing, to verify how recruitment behaves in SoD and post here the results, how could I do? I have a savegame from BG1, should I use the consolle to set the correct chapter and to move to the appropriate area? If yes, which chapter and which area exactly?

Edited by Blash2

I'd like to do some testing, to verify how recruitment behaves in SoD and post here the results, how could I do? I have a savegame from BG1, should I use the consolle to set the correct chapter and to move to the appropriate area? If yes, which chapter and which area exactly?

The first will be C:MoveToArea("BD0108") still in Chapter7 (like when you kill Sarevok).

The next is Chapter 8 MoveToArea("BD1000") >>> The camp to meet them is at the southern rim at the big road.

This is getting more complicated. I did some testing:

1) Situation A: console teleport from Beregost (chapter 3) to Dragonspear Castle Exterior. The dialogue works as in the BGEE part.

2) Situation B: new game selecting SoD campaign. The dialogue that should allow me to recruit a single NPC from a pair is not there, I simply can't recruit only one NPC.

No really understanding what should happen in a normal game. If someone can do some testing too with the "allow NPC pairs to separate" component from SCS it would be good. We could also write the results in the party continuity thread.

Edit: Getting funnier. Got to the coalition camp with Charname, Minsc, Jaheira, Viconia, Imoen and Edwin. Khalid and Dynaheir are there. I remove Minsc from party. Minsc disappears. LOL

@MasterOfDisguise: you wrote you had Minsc in party at the end of SoD prologue, he wasn't in party anymore when you got to the camp due to plot?

Edited by Blash2

This is getting more complicated. I did some testing:

1) Situation A: console teleport from Beregost (chapter 3) to Dragonspear Castle Exterior. The dialogue works as in the BGEE part.

2) Situation B: new game selecting SoD campaign. The dialogue that should allow me to recruit a single NPC from a pair is not there, I simply can't recruit only one NPC.

No really understanding what should happen in a normal game. If someone can do some testing too with the "allow NPC pairs to separate" component from SCS it would be good. We could also write the results in the party continuity thread.

Edit: Getting funnier. Got to the coalition camp with Charname, Minsc, Jaheira, Viconia, Imoen and Edwin. Khalid and Dynaheir are there. I remove Minsc from party. Minsc disappears. LOL

Case A does not work this way because the BG1 > SoD transition of EET does a lot of switching, e.g. all the dialogue settings and banters and parting dialogues have new definitions in the various 2da files. Just teleporting, simulates just a BG1 party in an SoD area. You will get the same if you jump to BG2 or ToB. If you do that without the transitions, you get invalid results unless you do all the configuration settings manually. It can be done, but it is cumbersome and it gets lost anew with each teleport.

I had some scripts for this when I did my mod testing on early EET versions but, sorry, looks like I no longer have them.

Generally speaking - EET uses definition of *campaigns* for each of the original game parts. Unless you use the correct settings for the respective campaign, you get funny/invalid results.

So first get some insight into the mechanics of EET (e.g. the docs folder in your BG2EE/EET directory) before creating test setups that are not valid to publish test results that are meaningless.

Yes, I thought it wasn't so easy..

Could you just tell me if for plot reasons Minsc and/or Jaheira ever leave the party for plot reasons in SoD?

If no, I don't have to worry about anything. If yes, I must give up the idea of having them in party during SoD, unless SCS gets updated (something that might never happen).

MasterOfDisguise wrote he had Minsc at the end of SoD prologue and that he found him at the camp, so I assumed the plot made him leave the party, but maybe (hopefully) I misunderstood.

Edit: Read a walkthrough. Yes, party gets disbanded. Damn. Guess I'll have Jaheira and Minsc again in my party only from SoA on.

Edited by Blash2

there's really no need for this. There is currently a minor problem reported here when Dynaheir becomes chunked (also 1 not properly filtered Corwin's dialogue that refers to Dynaheir and Minsc, even if it shouldn't be available), but it won't affect you and will be fixed in next release. There is no way to teleport into SoD as Roxanne mentioned because SoD uses Campaign functionality which is triggered after killing Sarevok.

Could you just tell me if for plot reasons Minsc and/or Jaheira ever leave the party for plot reasons in SoD?

If no, I don't have to worry about anything. If yes, I must give up the idea of having them in party during SoD, unless SCS gets updated (something that might never happen).

everyone leaves you after first SoD dungeon. But what it has to do with anything? The problem that this topic refers to is a presence of Minsc in situation that he should not be available (when Dynaheir has been permanently killed)

MasterOfDisguise wrote he had Minsc at the end of SoD prologue and that he found him at the camp, so I assumed the plot made him leave the party, but maybe (hopefully) I misunderstood.

he will leave and you will find him first in BG city and then in Camp. No need to test it.

Yes, I thought it wasn't so easy..

You obviously misunderstood much more than that.

ALL - no exception ALL - NPCs leave your party (better to say: you are separated from them via the plot) at least twice during SoD and again in the transition to BG2. The issue about NPC continuity is not that you are separated from your party but that you meet the right version of the NPC later on.

Take Jaheira as example. If you had her in your final party defeating Sarevok, you will have the same Jaheira in the SoD starting dungeon. At the end of the SoD prelude you lose all your party members to meet selected ones here and there again during SoD. You will meet your original Jaheira later on the second main map outside of Baldur's Gate (and Khalid - if alive - even later). That is following the original SoD story which EET does not change. >>> If you did not have Jaheira in the Sarevok showdown, she will not be in the starting dungeon but only at the second meeting. >>> If you never had Jaheira in the BG1 party, then a new (SoD)-Jaheira will meet you at that second location in SoD. etc.

Edited by Roxanne

But problem is I won't be able to recruit him without Dynaheir. Or will he be alone in BG city?

Edit: Ok ok got it, to play with the same 6 men party during all of EET is simply impossible :p

Last question I promise XD If I keep Jaheira and Minsc during ALL of BG1 and NEVER get them back during SoD after I lose them, will I find them again in SoA exactly as I left them?

Edited by Blash2
But problem is I won't be able to recruit him without Dynaheir. Or will he be alone in BG city?

you will meet both of them. There is no requirment that NPCs needs to be in your party during transition. As long as NPC is not permanently killed (chunked) / the corpse has not been kicked out of your party / NPC has not been killed when he/she was not a party member, than such NPC is still valid for later storyline. Everything is explained in previously linked topic.

Edited by K4thos

Edit: Ok ok got it, to play with the same 6 men party during all of EET is simply impossible :p

Minsc and Dynaheir are the single exception where one does not appear without the other. This is how the original SoD story goes and this is how EET follows it. If one is dead in BG1, they both are gone.

Jaheira and Khalid are different, because the original SoD lets them appear separately, They are occupied in different tasks in the plot and you meet them at different times and places,

Ok, so I think I'll go with my Charname/Minsc/Jaheira/Viconia/Imoen/Edwin party, doesn't matter if I'll lose someone during SoD, I'll keep the slots free (I don't like wasting XP points on NPCs I won't keep).

Starting tomorrow my real life will suffer a critical hit XD