G3 Tweak component request

Belanos

I'm not sure if it's possible but, if I'm playing BG1 Tutu with a character that also appears in BG2, could a component be made that would use the final stats of those characters? I'm currently using the team as outlined in the BG2 startup, i.e Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, Dynaheir, and of course Imoen. It wouldn't make any sense though if I ended BG1 with Minsc being a level 10 character, then have him start BG2 as only 7th level. Could a component be made that uses the stats of my final save in BG1 instead of the default in BG2?

I think this transition phase is indeed a higly debated topic among TuTu modders. Especially possibilities to carry over romances and other NPCs you end your game with would be nice.

Yes, I've read a bit about this issue and I can see having a full transition might be cumbersome. But it seems to me that it would be relatively easy just to copy over the stats of existing characters in BG2. I know I can do it manually, but if someone would spare me the trouble by developing a component, I'd be immensely grateful. :)

This is tricky at best. The only things that carry over when you import a game are, I believe, the character's inventory and local variables. So you'd need a script for BG or Tutu that assigned a mess of variables on Player1 for every stat value for characters in party, and then a second script for BG2 hat wuld read and apply these as appropriate. It's tricky and unreliable at best; even the devs opted to jus make assumptions about what happened in BG and continue along their merry BG2 way. :)

Archived