Newbie question

Guest Falcon

HI I new to this but I had a question What romances are availible for BG TUTU ?Is there a Safana one (there is a chance with her pesonality she could be alot of fun although the charactoer might find himself wrapped around her finger and not even realize it happened lol) ? Do they work the same as in BG2 Sounds like an awsome project

thanks

Hi Falcon, and welcome.

At present the only released romance is Coran's for a female PC.

We are aiming to release Ajantis', Branwen's, Dynaheir's Romances and Shar-Teel's relationship by the end of spring/early summer 2005.

The romances work like fan romances written for BG2 - ie they have love talks, boths sequential and 'depending on an event', Player initiated Flirts and NPC initiated Flirts.

Safana's romance was so far vetoed by her Czarina (the principal author who developped her for this project) - Kiki, so it will not be developped unless Kiki changes her mind :)

Thanks for your response.

I was just curious, why did she do that? was it becase she dosnt have time to? It would be cool to develope one she is such a hot temptress that would have actually havea chance to wrap the pc around her finger. If she dosnt have time and someone on your team wanted to do one she would not let them?

Probably she would not. She's on record as not thinking it a great idea.

And regardless, would you *really* want to play through a "romance" with someone who, in SoA, ends up trying to sic a pack of werewolves on you to collect the bounty on your head? Especially considering that in BG1, you're not yet valuable enough to really interest her?

Kiki's ideas on romance subject were along the lines that BG1 does not produce enough grounds for the romance, as Safana is too mercenary; She reviewed a possibility of a romance, connected with the outcome of a non-written quest for Safana. She refuted both ideas for now. Since she is an active character Czarina, have fulfilled her obligations to the project and disagreed to character guardianship, there will be no development on Safana's character in the context of this project. And of course someone can make a separate mod non-affiliated with BG1NPC which allows you to romance Safana in BG1 :)

Opinions differ on that matter. Basically the easiest test to see if you would have lots of trouble learning is making two pieces of software: Near Infinity and WeiDU work for you. If it takes you less than half a day to figure them, and do an exercise outlined in WeiDU documentation, then you will most probably ease it off. Those two programs plus Context, and possibly, IEEP, are everything you need to make a mod. :)

Guest Guest_Lich_*

Last time I was around, Imoen was also a planned romance character. Why was this scrapped? (The whole "sister" thing? Whoo, gogo father of a God, one of millions. Real related)

Your attitude has got us badly confused with some other forum. The simple fact is that after more than two years, we'd like to label this project "Finished" and the suggested Imoen romance hadn't, at last call, progressed far enough to be included as a projected component.

Guest Guest_Lich_*

I'm sorry if I conferred any attitude in my post, that was not my intention. It was simply that, as of the last time I truly frequented here, there was a debate going on about whether or not to inculde Imoen, due to the whole sister thing. I was simply curious why Imoen had been scrapped, and if it had been because of the whole sister debate.

Archived