Sharpshooter changes?

Guest Guest_mTk

Guest Guest_mTk

Yeah, it's mTk's recliner of rage again... still whining about the sharpshooter kit!

Now, Andyr, would it be such a bad idea adding that "shot from the shadows" (or whatever) special ability to Sharpshooter kit?

To refreshen your memory, this special ability would only work when the user is invisible (hiding in shadows). The effect would last for some 4 or so seconds (enought to make one shot) and multiply the dealt missile damage, basically counting as a ranged backstab. Possible stuns and such things could be added as well, tho it might get a little too far.

I'm desperatelly trying to get someone's attention to this one. :)

I personally think it's a great idea and would perfectly fit the kind of thief who is into ranged weapons.

Now, Andyr, would it be such a bad idea adding that "shot from the shadows" (or whatever) special ability to Sharpshooter kit?

To refreshen your memory, this special ability would only work when the user is invisible (hiding in shadows). The effect would last for some 4 or so seconds (enought to make one shot) and multiply the dealt missile damage, basically counting as a ranged backstab. Possible stuns and such things could be added as well, tho it might get a little too far.

Sounds like a good idea to me. In 3ed rogues can sneak attack with missile weapons, after all.

Guest Guest_mTk

Alright, imagine you're a thief. You've gone through all the thief training, can hide and be sneaky as a weasel. So, you specialize into ranged weapons... how would you attack your enemies? Just run around throwing missiles or sneaking near them, waiting in shadows for the right moment and carefully launch an arrow at that dragon's eye when it thinks it's safe to take a nap.

I've told Andyr once or twice that I actually managed toget it working, tho the way it's being done is a little bubblegummish. I'm a complete amateur with modding, so I quit when I couldn't get poisoning the weapon working. The idea is somewhat like this:

1) When the ability is used, do nothing but set a global variable

2) In baldur.bcs (heck, you could use that invisible creature trick, if you want to) check if the caster is invisible. I don't know how you can actually trace the "caster", but you could always check for kits or something, no?

3) If the caster is hidden, do the magic, otherwise play fizzle sound and display text telling the ability requires caster to be hiding.

Archived