Ascension 2.0.7 out; report bugs here

DavidW

I heard from @histamiini over at the Beamdog forums that the new Ascension fight no longer grants a "rest" effect when you activate the energy pools at the Throne. Is this intended behavior? I ask because it's a big change to the metagame, and some solo runs wouldn't be entirely viable anymore without those rests.

The energy pool platforms are also closed off after the Five arrived, removing the exploit of isolating the Five but introducing the exploit of teleporting to a platform where only Illasera and Melissan can reach you.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:42 AM, semiticgod said:

I heard from @histamiini over at the Beamdog forums that the new Ascension fight no longer grants a "rest" effect when you activate the energy pools at the Throne. Is this intended behavior? I ask because it's a big change to the metagame, and some solo runs wouldn't be entirely viable anymore without those rests.

The energy pool platforms are also closed off after the Five arrived, removing the exploit of isolating the Five but introducing the exploit of teleporting to a platform where only Illasera and Melissan can reach you.

Even in vanilla Ascension, you don't always get a rest effect: it's tied to the difficulty slider.

• INSANE: you never get to regain spells and abilities
  • HARD: you regain spells and abilities after the last pool
  • CORE: you regain spells and abilities after the first and last pools
  • NORMAL/EASY: you regain spells and abilities after each pool

I haven't (intentionally) changed that.

The energy pools being closed off is intentional, because I'm pretty sure it's a bug in original Ascension that they're left open (the energy stream is turned off but the invisible path isn't). However, that does create another exploit, as you say; I'll look at blocking it.

There were some other bugs reported on @histamini's thread which I've replied to there (short answer: I need more information.)