Install error: Can't install several features

Guest Filbert28

Guest Filbert28

I cannot install several features:

For example, when trying to install the Stongholds - Baldurdash no restrictions component I get the following error:

Installing [multiple strongholds (baldurdash -> no restrictions (baldurdash)] [v9]
Compliling 12 dialogue files...
Copying and patching 4 files...
ERROR: cannot resolve trigger 0x40de
ERROR: ar0900.bcs -> [override] patching failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [multiple strongholds (baldurdash -> no restrictions (baldurdash)] [v9],  rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 18 items for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 1160
Uninstalled 18 items for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 1160
ERROR: Not_found

Anyone got any idea what this means?

Guest Newbie install question

Hi All,  I have never installed a 'mod' before and do not know what to do.

Have downloaded cdtweaks but nothing happened when I executed the file?

Any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Tweaks Anthology for Windows is distributed as a self-extracting archive and includes a WeiDU installer. To install, simply double-click the archive and follow the instructions on screen.

Alternatively, the files can be extracted into your game directory using 7zip or WinRAR. When properly extracted, your game directory will contain setup-cdtweaks.exe and the folder cdtweaks. To install, double-click setup-cdtweaks.exe and follow the instructions on screen.

You can run setup-cdtweaks.exe in your game folder to reinstall, uninstall or otherwise change components.

On 8/6/2019 at 2:44 AM, Mike1072 said:

You can run setup-cdtweaks.exe in your game folder to reinstall, uninstall or otherwise change components.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I downloaded the "Tweaks-Anthology-master.zip" file, opened it with 7zip, extracted it to my Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition folder, and when that's done I can see the Tweaks-Anthology-master folder under that one, but there is no setup-cdtweaks.exe in the game folder.  I can see a setup-cdtweaks.tp2 file in the cdtweaks folder, and I even tried renaming that to .exe to see if it would work, but no luck.

I've tried re-downloading the file twice, and looking to see if there was some other version of the file I could download, and no luck.   I also tried runnign the mod-merge program to see if that would help, but no luck either, (though it did appear to do what it was supposed to).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

That was it, thank you.  On one of the pages linking to this there was a link to the github repository, and I didn't realize there was any other place to download it from.

Thanks for the help.

FYI, now that I've run it, I ran it once, then realized I made an incorrect choice, so I ran it again.  After I switched the weapon proficiencies around I presses Q to quit.  It looked like it started to skip by things, but still popped up with a few questions afterwards, like the minimums for stats and things like that.  If that's the expected behaviour that's okay, I just thought I would point it out in case it was doing something unexpected.

Thanks again.

Ted

18 minutes ago, Guest Ted said:

...  If that's the expected behaviour that's okay...

It is, as you uninstalled the components that already asked those questions... the answer you made before have been forgotten, but the fact that they are to be installed has not.

As when you install a mod component, you modify a file, that change is recorded, and if you uninstall a mod component, that has other components installed after it, you need to uninstall all the other mods that were installed before it, then change to a different component and then reinstall the removed mods.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola