My translations has stopped working - Fonts are in chaos

Edvin69

57 minutes ago, AL|EN said:

@Edvin69 The authors of Tactics or even recent BG2EE-compatible version eetact2 are inactive for long time. I doubt that you will get any answers from them.

I know about that, but right now I have about 7 translated mods (I'm planning much more) and they all have the same problem.
Once I find a solution, it should be possible to apply it to everything.

Edited by Edvin69

Hm. How about you use the correctly formatted trat files for the EE games - without HANDLE_CHARSET?  - Might be a bit difficult if it's an existing mod with several languages, but not impossible I would think.

Do I get your problem right that if you provide the tra files in ANSI then there is symbols/letters missing and that this is the problem why HANDLE_CHARSET doesn't convert it into utf-8(without BOM) properly ?

It should be possible to do different things in the tp2 depending on the selected language version. I have an example for the German version in Jarl's Tweak Pack where certain components are only available for German selected.

I'll be able to have a look next week.

2 minutes ago, jastey said:

Hm. How about you use the correctly formatted trat files for the EE games - without HANDLE_CHARSET?  - Might be a bit difficult if it's an existing mod with several languages, but not impossible I would think.

Do I get your problem right that if you provide the tra files in ANSI then there is symbols/letters missing and that this is the problem why HANDLE_CHARSET doesn't convert it into utf-8(without BOM) properly ?

Actually, that's one of the things I've been thinking about lately.

Some old translations of old mods work without problems (old versions of weidu?), but translations of new EE mods always have a problem with fonts.
I usually use UTF-8 without BOM, then mod instalation converts my texts to ANSI and problems arise. I tried to convert my texts to ANSI and it was much better, but a few letters were still missing. The old translators obviously did something right because their translations work and mine don't (unless it's just because old version of weidu work better with czech).