Steam BGEE dialog.tlk not found in chitin.key while installing mod.

Hi, I've been working on a campaign for two years now on the Baldur's gates enhanced edition. I figured that if I wanted to install in the slot of the tutorial, i had to install the mod in BGEE instead of BG2EE.

Alas, when I tried the Steam version in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, I got this error while trying to COPY_EXISTING dialog.tlk:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [dialog.tlk] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

I figure that the dialog.tlk is located somewhere else, like C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\lang\en_US\, but even if I link the file with this coding:

COPY ~lang\en_US\dialog.tlk~ ~override~
APPEND_FILE ~FactionWar/dialog.txt~

It will still mention the same error.

Maybe it would be easier if I just buy the GOG version, but paying 30$ again for a game I already have, notwithstanding that many players will have the Steam version instead, I wonder how I should find the dialog.tlk file or code the right path in my Setup.tp2, if it's not located in the chitin.key.

Thanks for your time!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalic
Format
Emoji

Attach file
Attach image

You can use BBCode in your post.

Yeah, thing is, you should have just started the game once ! This will among other things let you CHOOSE your primary language. So you are not stuck with English, if for example you are more fluent with French... or things.

And BG1EE+SoD also has this thing called add-on that you need to use the modmerger tool to unpack rather than just freakout for no seemable benefit.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola