A little trouble

Guest Meg

First of all, THANK YOU!!! I'm having a wonderful time playing with this mod, it's the first time I've ever tried one and I'm just pleased beyond expressing. I picked up Shadows of Amn before I ever played Baldurs gate 1 and I only played the first one through once because the characters were so, well, boring. They actually have personalities now and it's great.

I am having a couple of little problems though, and both of them have to do with Coran (typical huh? *grin*). The romance seems to stall out at a certain point every time I play with it, right after the kissing game. I'm not sure if I said something wrong, or I'm just not being patient enough, but it just stops, no more dialogs until we pick up Namarra, and then there's just the lullaby and then nothing.

The other one is the firewine bridge quest thing I was reading about, did that make it into the mod? Am I supposed to do something particular before I enter the area with Coran? He doesn't say anything and I don't run into anyone new, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

I don't think these are actual bugs, just me being clueless, but in case it's technical I have:

Full install of BG1 w/ Tales of the sword coast

Recomended install of BG2 w/ throne of Baal

BG2 patch from baldurdash (I think, I can check if I need to)

TUTU mod, latest version

and the NPC mod

I installed those two at the same time.

Hints? Pointers?

It worked when I tested it I swear!

Okay first question is: did you do the thing with the wyverns? If not go back and give that a shot. Also, have you tried forcing him into the next lovetalk by changing the variables using Shadow Keeper or some such, or at least checking the timers? Who is in your party?

Oh yeah and with his romance I made sure I rested a lot, both outside and at inns. Some of his stuff won't trigger otherwise.

It worked when I tested it I swear!

Okay first question is: did you do the thing with the wyverns?  If not go back and give that a shot.  Also, have you tried forcing him into the next lovetalk by changing the variables using Shadow Keeper or some such, or at least checking the timers?  Who is in your party? 

Oh yeah and with his romance I made sure I rested a lot, both outside and at inns.  Some of his stuff won't trigger otherwise.

Yeah, I killed the wyverns right away, then got the reward at the temple and cleared out the cloakwood mines with Coran in the party. I'm in the city right now, I've cleared out the seven suns and done a few subquests, I have a game with the Namarra subquest done, and one saved before that. My party consists of Kahlid and Jahiera, Kivan, Xan, and Coran.

I did try setting the timer to 1 on "cglovetalktime" and then resting at a couple of different inns and outside, but I've been a little hesitant to mess around with the games much in Shadowkeeper since I don't really know what I'm doing. I've also tried leaving the thing on and paused while I'm doing other things, then coming back to it every few hours, that worked really well when I had a male pc romancing Jaheira in bg2, but it doesn't seem to be working now.

The variables imediately after the kissing game are:

cflirttalk 1

cflirttalktime 940617

cfriendlytalktime 940095

cfriendtalk 7

cglovelytalktime 1069887

cglovetalk 9

cglovetalktime 1099182

checkcoranmatch 1

coran 1912992

coranmatch 1

coranromancepath 1

coromreaction 1

crkreactiontime 948158

cwyverntalktime 899458

After we pick up the baby, all of these stay the same, though a bunch are added of course, except for coranromancepath, which becomes 6, the same as it does if I ask him not to flirt with me any more.

Thanks again, I really don't mean to be a pain, and overall this is the most fun I've ever had playing BG 1, I just have a weakness for the romances.

Uhh okay. Hopefully Domi or someone will poke their nose in here to help you, because my technical knowlege is about nil. However...

Are you running version 8 of BG1npc? I remember someone saying that the good path romance didn't work right in version 7, and I don't think his quest was in there either.

What's your party reputation? I didn't think to test this, but perhaps trying to do the good romance (requires rep 12) with a lower rep maybe breaks it?

I will try to run through the romance path again this week to confirm it with the same party you had. This week is awfully busy though :)

Meg,

Quana is right - your reputation needs to stay above 12 for the good branch of the romance.

Another quick pointer is that PC should not allow Coran to sweet-talk her into bedding him untill he promisses her the moon from the sky (I do not think it's the case, since then you should have seen the Coran-bored talks);

I am assuming though it is a variable that did not got reset properly, since it looks like the romance path did not kick in. I will take a look at the varaibles to see which one might be glitching.

Your globals seem to be fine to me :) and the next talk should be a simple one at rest. Make sure that you:

do not have the coranromanceinactive set to 1 (reset to 0 if it is)

that you reputation is 11 or higher,

and try to sleep anywhere; leave the game unpaused for a time - my timers are 'realtime' generally set to 30 min between the talks.

If it does not help to turn lustful elven eyes your PC's way, please try to set cglovetalk to 10 and try to sleep.

If all else fails, I will need your saved game to see if something odd had glitched ;)

Well, I didn't really get a chance to try everything you suggested because my cdrom drive died a spectacular but horrible death and ate one of the disks in the process. So, I'm gonna be without Baldurs Gate for a little while, which, considering how busy I'm going to be for the next month or so, is probably a good thing, less tempting to stay up all night playing that way.

Thanks for all the advice, and for the cool mod, I'll give it another try once everything is up and running again.

Archived