Jaheira's Quest: Killing Shadow Druids and Reputation

BelacRLJ

Usually it's a tag on the character file stating it's an "INNOCENT" which makes sense for commoners or nobles or children. For shadow druids I agree it does not seem to make much sense.

And yes, in BGT at least Laskal is tagged as "INNOCENT" (it's an original game cre). In BG:EE, this is fixed and he is changed to "DRUID".

The mod cre for Andarthe (x#andart.cre) is correctly tagged as "DRUID", though, and shouldn't give a rep loss when killed? Could it be that the second rep loss was due to some other druid, maybe?

And you are playing on BGT, I assume?

Thanks.

I'm just playing on BG:EE, no SoD, SoA, or ToB.

For Laskal, I Charmed him and then he turned hostile during the fight with Izefia (this may or may not have anything to do with the mod).

For Andarthe, it's definitely him because I went back and refought it, accepting his surrender, and didn't get the rep hit.

Weird. I just checked Laskal on BG:EE 2.5 and the cre is not tagged as "INNOCENT", and I checked the x#andart.cre in bg1npc for v24 and 23.3. Maybe something else is happening here? 🤔

Which version of BG1NPC are you playing? You can see the number either at the "VERSION" tag in the bg1npc.tp2 inside the mod folder or in your weidu.log.

In my unmodded BG:EE Laskal is not "innocent".

You could do a changelog on the laskal.cre but that's something I've never done myself.

If you look at the mods' backup folders. Is there a laskal.cre in one of them? Then this mod made changes to the cre.

For the cre for Andarthe you could check the same: if he is tagged as " innocent" in your game then another mod made changes to it. EDIT: it's the "class" field of the cre.