2DA editor that looked like a spreadsheet

slickrcbd

I had a 2DA editing tool that loaded 2DA files from the Infinity Engine games, Knights of the Old Republic games, and Neverwinter Nights games into what looked like a spreadsheet. It also had a few basic fill options and could copy and paste somewhat like a spreadsheet but morel limited.

However, I can't recall what it was called and when is search for "2da editor" I just see advice to use Notepad, Notepad++, or NearInfinity.

Does anybody know what it was called and where I can redownload it? If I have it, it's somewhere on my Windows 98SE computer (that was NOT very obsolete at the time when I first installed Icewind Dale or this program)  and apparently I either deleted it or deleted the shortcut in the Start menu.

2 hours ago, slickrcbd said:

Thank you, that appears to be it, although it isn't loading WSPROF.2da correctly, maybe it's a Windows 10 incompatibility thing.

Näh, that file is not from the original game, so ... anything wrong with the mod file is replicated in the 2da editor. The file itself is just a text file renamed as a .2da file. So yes, you can edit the file with Notepad from it's folder. Or are you referring to wspecial.2da or wspatch.2da ?

Hmm, which game is this from ? As one of the latest iteration of Near Infinity actually removed the greater compatibility from other games than BG2&EE's cause it was causing havoc with something*.

*You would have to ask Argent77 at SHSforums/NI- thread to know for sure, what that was. But the v1.32.1b24 that is still around, had that still, yeah, the very OLD version.