Dialog that mentions Imoen in custody

As I've posted on Beamdog's forums, I love the idea of a mod that makes it possible for a MC that cares about Imoen's well-being to be able to experience the game's content more thoroughly without breaking character. I really wish Bioware had done something like requiring a number of mcguffin artifact items to be collected during chapter 6 in order to restore your soul; i.e. you have to explore the world more thoroughly with Imoen in the party (thus you explore some in ch2/3, do the rest after picking up Imoen). This mod handles the problem in a different manner that can potentially result in some problems/conflicts with mods (I've found one or two examples, will post later), but still it's an improvement over vanilla's handling of a major hole in the game design.

There are still quite a few dialog files from the vanilla game that mention Imoen/a friend being locked away, even though she's right there next to you in the party. Here's a list I've compiled so far:

-Black Market Thief in the Slums (fence standing next to temple of Ilmater, appears at night)

-Bylanna (the woman that's in charge of the Delryn murder investigation, inside counsel building)

-Chief Inspector Brega

-Rayic Gethras

-Sir Ryan Trawl

-Jermien (the mage in Umar Hills that's building a golem)

-High merchant Logan of Trademeet

-Samuel Thunderburp, owner of Five Flagons

Unrelated question: it looks like there's added dialog branch for Gaelan Bayle ("Coo, your friend found her way back to you"), but 2 of the responses have as conditions that "Imoen2" needs to be in party/seen by Gaelen, but isn't Imoen2 unavailable with Imoen4Ever installed?

Kudos.

Edited by ithildurnew

Thanks for the reports! Some of the names look familiar, so I'll see what I mised in those dialogues.

8 hours ago, ithildurnew said:

Unrelated question: it looks like there's added dialog branch for Gaelan Bayle ("Coo, your friend found her way back to you"), but 2 of the responses have as conditions that "Imoen2" needs to be in party/seen by Gaelen, but isn't Imoen2 unavailable with Imoen4Ever installed?

The original Imoen inside Irenicus Dungeon has "Imoen" as DV. Outside it is "Imoen2". "Outside" in the original game means beginning from Spellhold, with I4E installed it's the Imoen that comes back in the Slums and this is also the Imoen the other mods recognize. (In EET and BGT, Imoen's DeathVariable is unified to "Imoen2" throughout the whole saga).

Thanks for explanation.

Unrelated question, I just noticed... this version of Imoen comes with what I consider an extraordinarily powerful ability/set of immunities... this isn't outlined in the mod description afaik and it seems beyond the scope of the mod's intended purpose. Is it possible to make it an optional component? Or is this necessary in order to not break the rest of the game (i.e. Imoen perma dies and the party ends up in Spellhold without her)?

I also noticed Imoen seems to lose her proficiency in quarterstaff at some point in ch2; it's possible that another mod I have installed may be effecting weapon proficiencies somehow, but I'm wondering if there's something in Imoen4Ever that might affect this, as it seems to be happening only when I have this mod installed.

Edited by ithildurnew

That is definitely possible. Maybe I'll remove it alltogether. What I was trying to do was protecting Imoen from being killed in a final kind of way. But in the end, even EET doesn't protect quest relevant NPCs this way and just revives them when they are needed. And it's definitely true I didn't put this into the readme properly. I kind of went with the flow of writing this in when waving an actual ingame explanaton for her ID girdle.

For anyone interested: what the spell does is giving her the effect Disable permanent death (295), and Immunity to Effects Imprisonment, Maze, and Disintegrate.

@ithildurnew the only instances I could find where with the fence standing next to temple of Ilmater, High merchant Logan of Trademeet, and Samuel Thunderburp, owner of Five Flagons. The other occurrences of references to Imoen being captured the mod already takes care of or the dialogues do not have references to Imoen in the unmodded game: Bylanna, Chief Inspector Brega, Rayic Gethras, Sir Ryan Trawl, Jermien.

Which version of the mod were you playing and where in mod install order did you put I4E?

I4E should be installed as soon as possible, before any other mods can add reply options or NPC interjections to BGII (so the correct reply options get patched by I4E). Against added reply options by other mods there is nothing I can do, unfortunately.

Thanks again for reporting!