Determining which quests are still open

Lauriel

As part of my mod that will offer choices when transitioning from BG1 in EET, there is a period of time where you're 'between chapters'.  Actually, it's a new chapter but I can't officially add a another chapter.  It's the clean-up limbo time between killing Sarevok and moving on with the rest of the game.  Because it's actually a new unofficial chapter, I'd like to close out quests that can no longer be completed, like 'Investigating the Iron Throne'.  If that's still open when Sarevok is killed, well - they've been as investigated as they're going to get.  Is there any way I can determine if it's open?  I don't want to just go indiscriminately deleting journal entries.  If I can't find and close them, I'd rather leave them open in a non-closable state than have them disappear.

5 hours ago, Lauriel said:

Is there any way I can determine if it's open? 

I fear this is going to melt down to "dig through the quest progress, identify the crucial variables and use them for detection, for every such quest individually".

How does BGT deal with this? If you search for ("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",1) checks you'll see what it does at places. (Most I found were cleaning ups of cres which aren't supposed to be there after Sarevok died.)

1 minute ago, jastey said:

I fear this is going to melt down to "dig through the quest progress, identify the crucial variables and use them for detection, for every such quest individually".

Oh right!  I can work with that.  I can research each quest that I have open and if other's identify them as the mod gets used, I'll research and add them one at a time.  This works!  Thank you! :)