RENAME_DOOR function?

Lauriel

I'm running into an issue with a door that is named the same as a travel trigger region.  I am unable to close or lock it.  When I go into NI and change its name, everything works fine.  When I use its original name, nothing happens.  So I need to change the name of the door, or the travel trigger region.  I can clone regions now (thank you @Gwendolyne!) and so could put in one with a different name but I don't know how to delete the original.  So I guess I need either a rename_door, rename_region, delete_door, or delete_region function.

Does anyone have such a critter?

Edited by Lauriel
Fixed typos

Ok, I'm trying to write my own based on the function that clones regions that @Gwendolyne wrote.  So I can find the region.  Awesome!  But when I try to update the name, it puts in the name of the variable instead of its value.  The line of code is:

WRITE_ASCII ("%region_off%" + 0x00 + (0xC4 * i)) ~%new_name%~

It puts in %new_name% for the name of the region.  At least it sort of works. LOL

I've tried just new_name, I've tried just %new_name%, I even tried EVAL ~%new_name%~ (it didn't like that at all).  I've run out of things to try.

Help?  What's the magic syntax to put in the variable's value versus its name?

EDIT:  Found it!  (WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII for those in the future that will also bash their heads against this)

Edited by Lauriel