Hold creature in cutscenes

Guest kungfuhobbit

Guest kungfuhobbit

How do I immobilise humanoid creatures in cutscenes please?

Hold and stun effects from spells dont work - they still wiggle their torso and arms! I couldnt tell from the information on IESDP

Thanks

Thanks but noob question-

1. How do I set opcodes on creatures please?

Ive looked at documentation/tutorials at IESDP and here at https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/652-tutorial-index-and-forum-guidelines
The closest I found was SimDing0 says "4) Can a STATE be changed in a script? No, you cannot change a state directly from a script. You must deal with the effect that is causing that state."

I have some more questions about cutscences while Im at it please, if anyone could help out?
How to:

2. Disable subtitles over characters in cutscenes?
(the Options Sounds and Language settings do not disable the cutscene subtitles)

3. Disable area music during cutscene?

4. Play (battle) music looping during cutscene?

I can only find 'createcreature...' commands in action.ids

Thanks

Edited by kungfuhobbit

1. If by "setting opcodes on creatures" you mean applying a specific effect on a creature, then it's done by putting said effect in a custom spell then applying the spell on the creature via script/dialog.

2. Subtitles over characters come from DisplayStringHead action(s). You  can either remove them or change them to DisplayString which will only show the text in the feedback window.

3-4. Not sure about adding custom music, but you can try PlaySong. I think it suppresses ambient sound, like when romance music plays during romance talks. List of song files are in SONGLIST.2DA. For example, you can try PlaySong(58) or PlaySong(80). 58 is the ID of the dragon battle music. 80 is another theme that I really like and is played in the Balthazar fight in his enclave.

Edited by ABlake

1. Thanks but didnt work, prologue Tamoko and Sarevok keep waving around!

2. Changing DisplayStringWait to DisplayString removes the accompanying audio lines though : ( eg ch1cut01.bcs. Is there any other hack around this?

Options > Language > Show subtitles and Sounds > Character Sounds > Character subtitles are bugged, deselecting them does not turn off cutscene subtitles. Ive reported it as a bug. Tested on BGEE SOD unmodded and EET. It was an option added in v1.2.0 https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/22810/game-update-v1-2-0

Edited by kungfuhobbit

By keep waving around do you mean they move normally and are not held at all, or that they are held but their sprites would "twitch" occasionally? If it's the latter, you'll want to also hack their scripts and disable their AI, if you just want them to stay perfectly still. This is assuming that your hold effect is being applied correctly.

"Character subtitles" refer to the VO texts for character responses when they are selected or ordered to move or attack. Texts shown above character sprites in the game don't count as "subtitles"; they are just texts forced to appear by scripts for narration purpose and they don't need to accompany any sounds. If you don't want the text to appear above the characters but still want to play the associated sound files, you can use DisplayString in combination with PlaySound. You'll need to know the name of the sound file assigned to that line. For example, PlaySound("GORIN02") will play the line "Run child, get out of here!" If you don't need the text at all, then you can skip DisplayString. In the case of Gorion, his cutscene lines are also assigned to his character sounds - for example, "Run child, get out of here!" is his UNHAPPY_BRREAKING_POINT sound, "Wait! There is something wrong. We are in an ambush. Prepare yourself!" is his BATTLE_CRY sound - so in his case you can also use VerbalConstant() action to play these audio files. For example, VerbalConstant(Myself,UNHAPPY_BREAKING_POINT) will make him play the line "Run child, get out of here!".

Edited by ABlake
1 hour ago, kungfuhobbit said:

1. Tamoko twitches even when I set ActionOverride("Tamoko", ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)). She only has a Default script in her CRE.

Nothing to do about that. A character with idle animation will "tense" up when it takes damage, or when you click on it to initiate dialog (for neutral characters). It's like that for creatures in stone form (petrified) too. A work around is to make them tense up first by using a command like Wait() or NoAction(), then put a hold on them.

Exactly what are you trying to do that requires them to be so absolutely still? At this point we GET IT that your character is intended to be a statue. The only thing that causes the character to "twitch", like you said, is them taking damage, is that right? Then just make the character immune to everything, all weapons, all spell levels, all "damage" opcodes including "Damage" and "Poison", so they can never be damaged. Oh, also remove their feet circle while you're at it, so you can't click them either.

Edited by ABlake