Error when installing NPC project

I've uploaded a image of the error I am getting. I have modmerge installed and to be honest I am a complete idiot when it comes to modding and codes. If anyone could please help me out I'd appreciate it very much.

edit: Forgot to add that I'm using the newest mod and nether Steam nor Beamdog versions are working.

Capture.PNG

Edited by bleachedblackcat

I don't know where the error is coming from. Until someone else posts something you can check where you installed BG, might be an issue with Windows folder access...

Also Beamdog's version doesn't need modmerge, modmerge is outdated, use Argent's DLC merger instead (only if you use SOD from GoG -and Steam I suppose-.)

Also also, better post a WeiDU log.

That's weird from two sides because Berrun has a dialogue with 22 states in the game so if state 4 isn't found then something was wrong unrelated to bg1npc, and 22.6 of bg1npc doesn't change anything for Jaheira's intejections in comparison to 22.5 where this interjections is inside as well. ???

I am running into a related problem. My game is the Steam version, with SoD. I first installed DLCMerger, then the Divine Remix pack. So far, so good. Then I tried to install the BG1NPC mod, and it gave an error specifically saying that I needed to use ModMerge, first. From what I gather, Modmerge is outdated, and DMCMerger should offer updated functionality. Clearly, something is not working!

9 minutes ago, Accipiter said:

and it gave an error specifically saying that I needed to use ModMerge, first. From what I gather, Modmerge is outdated, and DMCMerger should offer updated functionality.

The error message is outdated as it only refers to Modmerge and not to the DLC Merger, we should rephrase that for future releases not to stirr confusion.

But: If the check integrated into the mod tells you that you need to "modmerge" your game then you *have* a problem with the game. There is the cases of false-positive of games that presumably are modmerged but are not. It is not enough to let Steam update your game to a "clean" install if it was modmerged before. You need to start with a freshly downloaded game. Or see here for a possibility to clean up your game.

I can only stress that the check integrated into BG1NPC works as expected, and if it gives you a note then your game is not "modmerged" even if the tool says it run successfully.