[HELP] Using command line to uninstall mods.

ensbana

I’m trying to uninstall all components of the Ascension mod on my computer. At the “Note for Complete Uninstallation” it says:

In addition to the methods above for removing individual components, you can completely uninstall the mod using setup-ascension --uninstall at the command line to remove all components without wading through prompts.

I’m totally dense about command prompt so I don’t know how to go about that. I tried opening cmd on my computer and type in “setup-ascension --uninstall” but obviously that’s not the way to go?

Edited by ensbana
58 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

You need to use the file extension, so it's "setup-ascension.exe --uninstall"... you could also just write into a .txt file the code and rename it as .bat instead of .txt.

Hey I’ve just realized that you are the creator of this mod! http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/961-iispellsystemadjustments/

I haven’t installed it but I’m looking into it since one of the mods has made my party regain cast spells after every battle. I don’t want that feature in my playthrough but I can’t remember which mod made that possible (hence the attempt to uninstall mods). Do you have any idea how I can just regain cast spells after rest, or how can I use your mod to do so? 

Fyi I have the following mods installed, if that helps: Ascension, bg2fixpack-v13.exe, The Tweak Anthology, Weimer’s Tactics Mod, SCS and aTweaks.

Well, none of those mods do that, and easiest way to undo a moded game is to uninstall the game itself, and then clean the install folder, which then removes the modified content and thus you can re-install the game and mods to a clean folder. This has always been so.

And the mod does kinda allow regaining spells, but you get to set the timer, and it was intended to be fairly long time, not from 0 to 250 timers.

1 hour ago, ensbana said:

I’m also looking for some sort of mod manager. All the information I’ve found online so far seems kinda outdated. Would you have any recommendations?

Well, the moding scene is a mess right now, the old BWS team split into multiple teams after the EE games came out, and no I don't have a best recommendation, because I have stayed IMP-artial.

But I can list them:

BWP, the old reliable... a non-EE game moding tool that's old now, and features install.bat that requires imperial status codex knowledge to decipher.

Project Infinity: A mod manager that doesn't have a set of install order, but multiple community featured ones. Let me tell you that that's a bad idea, but there's EE ones too. Or you can build your own.

BEW; or Baldur's Extended World, the brain child of Roxanne that heavily relies on Roxanne's own mod to rebuild the mess that the large mods are infested with, like required party members joining for no good reason other than requirement to finnish a few quests. And yes, it's exclusive to the EE games.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola