How to cancel MoveToObjectFollow

Lauriel

MoveToObjectFollow works great for what I need, but once my NPC starts following the other, I can't get it to stop.  Neither NPC is in the PC's party.  I put the following into the override script but it didn't fire.  I put it in the area script, it wouldn't fire.  The override script will fire if I leave the area and come back, so I know it works...except it doesn't when I need it to.  How do I get him to stop following?

Here's my override script block:

Spoiler

IF
	AreaCheck("<SOMEAREA>")
	Global("#L_FollowingXXX","MYAREA",1)
	See("<SOMEGUY>")
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("#L_FollowingXXX","MYAREA",0)
		MoveToPoint([530.3760])
END

3 hours ago, lynx said:

Use ActionOverride?

Actually, yeah.  I moved the script (modified of course), to another NPC and it worked.  I have no idea why it didn't work in the area script.  I probably did something stupid like forgetting to actually compile the thing.  Thank you for prompting me to try the script elsewhere.  It turns out I even like it much better where it is now than my previous solution.

40 minutes ago, lynx said:

If it was in the area script, you ordered the area to check what it sees and move. :)

LOL - no, I used TriggerOverride even though I didn't specify that in the post.  I can be dense sometimes, but not that dense in this case. :)  I seriously think I forgot to compile it...which is dense enough. LOL