What am I doing wrong

Naeyem

I'm very new to modding and I'm trying to start off making a custom +3 sword using near infinity and weidu and I can make the item itself just fine but for some reason the ingame text wont cooperate. No matter what I put in the .tp2 file the ingame name and description is always "(placeholder) Story Ring". I'll attach the debug file and .tp2 file to this post, if someone could take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong I would appreciate it.

SETUP-MYITEMMOD.DEBUG MyItemMod.tp2

Are you on BG:SoD? If yes, did you install the DLC Merger first as required for modding BG:SoD?

I also do not see any problem in your tp2. That's the only thing I could think of.

The only other option I could imagine is that you are not looking at the installed items but copied the item into the override folder by hand. That would lead to wrong texts in the name and description. I don't think that's what you are doing, though, if you just wrote a mod to install it properly.