(MacOS 10.11.6 & SCS 33.7): Help? Problem during installation:

I had this exact same error on Mac OS 10.14.6 on EET 2.6.6, but upgrading to Weidu 247 allowed SCS to install. Very curious. I will say that this installation has been very buggy with some mods refusing to install for similar strange error types even though I had upgraded them to 247. I can post some log files if anyone is interested.

Guest disperse

I'm having this same issue with MacOS 10.15.7. I downloaded SCS 34.3 and also extracted it in my BGEE directory. I made `setup-strategems` executable and ran it in Terminal, here is the output:

./setup-stratagems 
[./setup-stratagems] WeiDU version 24600

Choose your language:
 0 [English]
 1 [Polski (Yarpen) - last updated version 34.2]
 2 [Deutsch (Leonardo Watson) - last updated version 31]
 3 [Francais (Mornagest/Isaya/Graoumf/Gwendolyne/Jazira) - last updated version 34.2]
 4 [Italiano (Stoneangel/Improbabile) - last updated version 34.3]
 5 [Russian (Prowler/Silent/RealApxu) - last updated version 34.1]
Using Language [English]

Using ./lang/en_us/dialog.tlk

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o
n

Would you like to display the components from [Icewind Dale spells]?
[Y]es, [N]o? y

Would you like to display the components from [Gameplay tweaks]?
[Y]es, [N]o? y

Would you like to display the components from [AI enhancements]?
[Y]es, [N]o? y

Would you like to display the components from [Tactical Challenges]?
[Y]es, [N]o? n

SKIPPING: [Install in batch mode (ask about all components before starting installation). DO NOT USE WITH PROJECT INFINITY.]
	Batch mode is only available for Windows installs

Install Component [Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition] [34.3]
Clearing the arrays.
Clearing the variables.
Clearing the inlined files.
Clearing the macros.
Clearing the IDS map.

ERROR Installing [Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1500.
Uninstalled      0 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1500.
ERROR: Sys_error("weidu_external/lib/lib_ini.tpa: No such file or directory")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG and look for support at: For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Using Language [English]

I also downloaded weidu 249 and extracted it in my BGEE directory, but it seems like weidu 246 is bundled with SCS and I'm not certain how to specify the weidu version.

That might be a permissions error? Weidu_external/lib/lini_ini.tpa doesn’t exist beforehand; SCS creates it. So if it is looking for it and can’t find it, maybe it couldn’t create it?

Try: manually create a “weidu_external” folder in your game folder. Then make sure both it and your game folder are writeable. 

Guest disperse

As another poster noted above, version 33.4 works on Mac. I think the reason is that the developer updated to weidu 247 starting in version 33.5 but the MacOSX bundle still includes weidu 246. Updating the version of weidu or allowing the user to specify an external version of weidu might solve this problem.

Guest disperse

The solution is to download the latest version of SCS from here: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SwordCoastStratagems/releases

Then download the latest version of weidu from here: https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases

Extract everything and put it in your Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition directory (my Steam version was in `Users/my_username/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition`)

Delete or rename the `setup-stratagems` file included with the SCS download.

Rename `weidu` to `setup-stratagems` and make it executable by typing `chmod 770 setup-stratagems` in Terminal.

Type `./setup-stratagems` in Terminal and open `Security & Privacy` and click `Open Anyway` when prompted, then run `./setup-stratagems` again.

49 minutes ago, Guest disperse said:

Then download the latest version of weidu

Delete or rename the `setup-stratagems` file included with the SCS download.

Rename `weidu` to `setup-stratagems` and make it executable by typing `chmod 770 setup-stratagems` in Terminal.

Type `./setup-stratagems` in Terminal and open `Security & Privacy` and click `Open Anyway` when prompted, then run `./setup-stratagems` again.

Or instead of all that, just use this handy utility. Latest version of Weidu is included, and you can delete the copies that come with individual mods.