Baldur's Gate Hotkey Script Generator- faster precast

Accidentally found this thread in 2013,  thanks to Tysn who has created something very impressive...

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/25876/utility-baldurs-gate-hotkey-script-generator

just sharing a video of how I prebuff my team:

Spoiler

I haven't seen any thread mentioning this tool or something similar that can do this...Is it because we have a better alternative now from any MOD that I don't know?

Edited by marcnivar
3 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Well, the SCS adds a caster script that can cast prebuffs technically instantly.

Is it customizable? like I can choose which spells I want, choosing different target, the sequence, and everyone can cast at the same time etc?

Didn't install that during my current playthrough, perhaps I can try and see how it works in the future.

5 hours ago, marcnivar said:

Is it customizable?

It's not really. Well...

The spells are all prebuff spells determined by the mod, and everyone of the characters can use it at the same time, and the used spells are everyone on the list if the caster has memorized them. And you don't need a sequence as you cast them instantly, aka as long as you are out of combat, and trigger it, you can use a "cheat" to cast the spells faster, just like one would use a very large Sequencer. Note, that it's not a minor sequencer, but a custom similar one.

7 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

It's not really. Well...

The spells are all prebuff spells determined by the mod, and everyone of the characters can use it at the same time, and the used spells are everyone on the list if the caster has memorized them. And you don't need a sequence as you cast them instantly, aka as long as you are out of combat, and trigger it, you can use a "cheat" to cast the spells faster, just like one would use a very large Sequencer. Note, that it's not a minor sequencer, but a custom similar one.

It sound like everyone have prebuff of everything instantly like the enemies of SCS when I trigger...sound efficient but less immersive to me...

37 minutes ago, marcnivar said:

sound efficient but less immersive to me...

Well, if you use 20 minutes in prebuffing your party for a fight that last for say 30 seconds, in each fight for say 8 hours, a little disbelief of immersion is just a good thing. Not that I ever play a game like that...

I understand what you said here, after trying the script generator that I'm using now, I can't really go back to the vanilla prebuffing as it is too tedious...

At the moment I just need around 20-40+ seconds for my prebuffing with this tool, and I still have to press the hotkey myself, so I still have some immersion like deciding what I want to use for different battles, without taking too much time.

Anyway, perhaps some day I will prefer everything cast instantly, and now I know I can get it from SCS, indeed a good choice to have~ Can't really imagine we can have this 20 years ago, modders are incredible.