Can someone take a look at this please? (Animation help)

Drazius

So I have been trying to add one of Moinesses's Avatars (the female long haired elf avatar/paperdoll) to my game and I thought I was doing everything correctly. I made the .ini file, named everything correctly, picked an empty animation slot, changed the name of the BAM's, etc. It even shows up just fine in my animate.ids. 

But when I select it in EEKeeper and then load up my game, my character is a giant toadstool thing lol.

Can someone please take a quick look at my files and see where I messed up? I couldn't upload them here so I'll link them to my Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PBdugl8Autfi96mgUAgP6PUNwbWwH4O1?usp=sharing

Edited by Drazius

The files don't include the CEFZ1INV.BAM, CEFZ2INV.BAM and CEFZ3INV.BAM -files that it needs, as that's the paperdool. These are the differently armored variants... if my assumption is correct. The files are just 2 frames, 1 of the upper portion, and the second is the lower portion of the papardoll.

A good reference in BG2:EE is say the CHMC1INV.BAM - CHMC3INV.BAM -files... I would use Near Infinity's snapshots versions to look at the files. The reason being that it uses the same "animation type".

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

The E### (EB30.ini) range is for Icewind dale monster animations.

You need to use one of the 50## - 53##, 60## - 63##, 55##, or 65## ranges.

resref_armor_base and resref_armor_specific need to match the 4th character of the animation filenames.

You have both set to "W", they should be "Z".

You only have an unarmored(1) and tier 2 armor(3) animations, nothing for tier1 (2) or tier3 (4) armors.  You need all four, even if you just duplicate one or both of them for those animations.

14 minutes ago, kjeron said:

The E### (EB30.ini) range is for Icewind dale monster animations.

You need to use one of the 50## - 53##, 60## - 63##, 55##, or 65## ranges.

resref_armor_base and resref_armor_specific need to match the 4th character of the animation filenames.

You have both set to "W", they should be "Z".

You only have an unarmored(1) and tier 2 armor(3) animations, nothing for tier1 (2) or tier3 (4) armors.  You need all four, even if you just duplicate one or both of them for those animations.

Thank you! I had a feeling it was something like this. 

I’d buy you a beer if I could, thanks man. 👍

A few more things:

The 52## and 62## ranges are exclusive to mages.  The rest I listed can be any class except mage.

The third value needs to be odd, since it's a female animation.  (the male version would have it's 3rd value 1 less)

If you don't have a male version, you should copy the INI for MAGE_MALE_ELF with a corresponding filename.

For example, if you added your MAGE_FEMALE_ELF_LONGHAIR as 6231.INI, you should clone 6201.INI (MAGE_MALE_ELF) as 6221.INI.

This way if your gender is reversed, you will end up an appropriate animation.

Understood. I think you just saved me some trouble because I was using an even number and not an odd one. 

If my PC is a mage but doesn't use those ranges of 52 and 62, does anything bad happen?

Oh and another question I have, how do I open .plt files to check the BAMs in them? I can see them in NI but is there a way to extract them?

Edited by Drazius

When 52## and 62## equip robes, their animation changes to that armor tier.

When 52## and 62## equip armor, their animation doesn't change.

When the others equip armor, their animation changes to that armor tier.

When the others equip robes, their animation doesn't change.

PLT files - don't know of any proper way.  The mod in this post contains a deprecated component to convert them to BAMs, but they still require manual positioning adjustments afterwards.