SubtleMods: 5E Spellcasting Rules Conversion

@subtledoctor I downloaded your mod and there's a Mod that adds spells I have where the original make said he's not interested in making his spells get read by your mod.

So read the Compatibility file in the 5E folder but I'm not really sure how to apply what you said to the tp2, as when I did try to do that it only gave me error and wouldn't install the mod in question. 

Posted (edited)

Hard for me to say based on that information. This mod should capture all spells in the vanilla game, all spells added by ADD_SPELL (e.g. IWDification, Spell Revisions), all spells added by Olvyn’s UI tweak spell-adding code (e.g. Olvynspells), all spells added by DavidW’s new spell-adding code (e.g. SCS, ToF), and all spells added to character spellbooks by a GA_**** entry in their kit ability table. 

Please note, that covers a LOT of ways to get spells into the game! We are only talking about normal mage and priest spells, so I am kind of mystified as to why a modder would want to add spells by some method other than one of the standard ones listed above. For instance, I noticed that in my current game, none of Wahlanan’s Chronomancer spells work. Why? I have no clue. But it means for instance that if a player wants to use another mod or EEKeeper to play Charname as a Chronomancer, or play a Chrononancer in IWD, the kit won’t work properly. Now, lava tends to be very picky about how players use his mods. Maybe he intentionally wants to prevent the kit being used in any way except his particular vision. Or maybe they have a grudge against me in particular. :laugh: I don’t know.

I feel pretty strongly that the whole point of modding is to give players different options and play the game however they want. These games let you roll-play the characters to an extent; if you want to change Alora into a Blackguard and have her laugh cutely while burning down the world, why not? But some modders see their mods as perfect static little crystals, and basically don’t give a sh!t about compatibility. I won’t name names. But I also won’t chase down the pet code of anyone who is contemptuous of the idea of meeting others halfway. 

/rant

Edited by subtledoctor
Posted (edited)

Well I have two mods which have spells not read by this mod.

The first being Wild Mage additions, where the modder said to me directly that he just isn't interested in making spell scrolls for the spells added to the game (since you said that in your readme that's how arcane spells are originally read to be added) and when I said there was a compatibility file in the mod, he didn't bother to reply me.

He said it was easy to do, but he just didn't care to do it.

The second mod, adds like some minor priest spells but they arent titled sppr like you said, and it's mostly me and another who fixed up pne of Temnix mods, who you know back then didn't care for compatibility and I'm not an expert when it comes to all this stuff.

Lastly there's Chaos Sorcerer kitpack which spells are read by your mod but Nahal's Reckless Dweomer spell code is changed to somthing random based on the install, so I don't how you would solve that.

Edited by DraikenWeAre
Posted (edited)

I want to highlight I've added the spells manually from wild mage additons by typing them manually in the semi_spontaneous.tpa in the section you put for wild mage spells.

Additing NRD from Chaos sorcerer was harder as I needed to manually go and check what the mod put it as, as I said prior it changed with each install.

As for the Temnix spells I don't know what to do but I don't know if you could make a section in the TPA lile you did for HLAs and Wild Mage Spells but now a section for priest spells where people can just type them in manually, and maybe you could highlight how to do so in a small section of the readme.

Because I feel that's far more practical for people who have almost zero mod like me (okay maybe mot me, bur I still barely know anything) and just want easy fixes to stuff they can do on thier own quickly.

(Divine Spells I wanted to add were CREMAT_#.SPL, RABBIT_#.SPL, SKESEP_#.SPL, GIFTOL_#.SPL and NIGROM_#.SPL)

https://mega.nz/file/HiIFHKhK#FWY_GvB7OIdnKwZT8OjBblg8gvL3J6jL70Yaj4L4A0c

(Semi_Spontaneous.tpa With the added Wild Mage Additions Spells, NRD from Chaos Sorcerer not included)

Edited by DraikenWeAre